Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop flaunting how much money you have

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

So...

I work in an engineering office. I make crap money for what I do. It's kind of a nurse-doctor situation. Doctor says what to do (makes big bucks), nurses DO it (get less bucks).

Anyway, they're all constantly talking about their vacations, etc. and I put on my happy face to be excited for them, but it's really getting to me. I wish I could afford a vacation. These are all "kids" under 30. And I don't mean vacation like a few states over. One is leaving for BRAZIL next week, another is in Poland and Austria over the next month, etc. Nice vacations. And they have multiple vacations throughout the year. I'm lucky if I can get a 4 day weekend to go to Wisconsin Friggin Dells (I'm in Illinois).

I guess I'll call it like it is - I'm jealous. There's my confession.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

they're not flaunting their money by talking about their vacations; they're just talking.  you are taking it that way because of your jealousy.

idunno1234
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM

This is the thing-  you have a choice.  You want what they have, then work for it and accomplish it just like they have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Well if you had done your time getting a good education, you could have had a good job too.  This is the difference between those who work and plan, and those who don't.

No need to be jealous.  You're not dead.  Get off your butt, go to school, get an education and get a better job.

justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
So go get your engineering degree. These "kids" put in the work. They get to reap the benefits.
Babymama7710
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

thats not them flaunting how much money they have

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
You sound jealous

Edit to add, at least you realize this, why not start SAVING money to go on that amazing vacation?
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I'm a paralegal and the attorneys that I work for make 6 figures a year and are always going on international vacations. I never compare my life to them because they worked hard to get where they are and deserve to live the good life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM
They went to school for a long time and earned their position. It sucks but its the ciiiircle of liiiiiifeeee

aaaand it ruuules us aaaaaaaall
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Get an engineering degree, it's a good living.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Its normal for coworkers to talk about vacations. have you thought about going back to school getting better educated? then maybe you could be taking those type vacations.Don't be jealous. Look at what you DO have and stop caring about what others have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)