Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working moms -What does your house look like? Mine is a MESS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I have 2 kids and a full time job. Plus I am in grad school and run a side business. I am BUSY!! But I love it. I wouldn't want it any other way. The only problem is - my house is always a mess. Seriously. Always.  It's not dirty. I sweep and vacuum and wash the floors regularly. The dishes get done and the laundrey gets done (pretty much). But there are toys all over the place.  The shelves are dusty. The mail sits on the counter.  Even though we are pretty good about making the kids do their part, and picking up as much as we can, it seems we just can't ever keep up.  

My DH hates that our house is so disorderly. He compares our house to others who seem to be able to keep a spotless home at all times.  He DOES help, don't get this wrong, he is not complaining to me without pitching in. He does just as much as I do to keep the house in order, AND he does most of the outdoor stuff too.  I would like the house to be neat and preistine as well, but we just can't seem to get it together.  

What does your home look like? Do you have the same problem or are you a neat freak? If you have a job and more than one kid, how do you manage keeping the house looking perfect?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM
My house doesn't look perfect but I mop the floors twice a week and dust every few days etc. I just stay on it so it don't get bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
LOL. I'm a sahm and my house is a mess right now. I don't think it matters if one works outside the home or not.
starlight91
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

My house isnt perfect and my dh doesnt care because he had to take care of it for a while , I was sick.. he learned its not as easy as others think it is...

FL2AK
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I am a neat freak but I am blessed with kids who don't mind cleaning.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I hate clutter and purge of the junk regularly. Everything has a place. You have to have that mindset. Pick a table get a cute little basket for the mail. Declutter regularly!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Yea, I brought 2 carloads of junk to goodwill this week! That helped a little. And I do have a basket for the mail, it's on the counter though, and the mail is in it on the counter - still looks like clutter.  

Quoting sugareemommee:

I hate clutter and purge of the junk regularly. Everything has a place. You have to have that mindset. Pick a table get a cute little basket for the mail. Declutter regularly!

just_hc
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I work full time and coach a dance team.  It's pretty rare that I'm home before 8:00 any night.   My house really never messy.  The worst would be dishes in the kitchen sink.  But like I said,  me and DD are gone most of the time at dance.   DS is 17 and rarely home anymore.   And DH just cleans up after himself.   Heavy cleaning (bathrooms, floors, etc) get done on the weekend.  It only takes a few hours.   Now during competition season that's another story.  My bathrooms & floors are maybe done once a month as we're gone every weekend.

sahmw2010
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

shoot, i am a SAHM and my house is a mess with toys all over. between running errands for my hubby because he does not get off work before bed time, my classes and homework, dr appointments for the kids, and up until yesterday school funtions, not to mention the ocassional military function that always seems last minute, all i make sure i do is sweep/mop dishes, clean counters and stove, laundry, and vaccuum. but the minute i turn the vaccuum off, the kids are attacking the toys. so yea, my house is a mess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Not one bit. I usually end up taking my work home and cannot focus with a messy house. I just can't do it.

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I also have a cute napkin holder I use for mail. You can get them at home goods super cheap.

Doesn't it feel so good to purge?! Rearrange furniture too, do a deep clean under the old spots. That always makes the house feel clean and new. Good luck and remember, ultimately, a spotless house is impossible when people actually live there!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, I brought 2 carloads of junk to goodwill this week! That helped a little. And I do have a basket for the mail, it's on the counter though, and the mail is in it on the counter - still looks like clutter.  

Quoting sugareemommee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)