Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DF wants to get married (obviously) but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So we are obviously engaged, which is GREAT.
However.. He wants to get married this summer when we go on vacation which is in.... 25 DAYS!!!! I am super nervous and i didn't know he wanted to so it this soon... I was looking at more of a long engagement lol. I love him and want to be with him forever and if this is what he wants then of course I will.. But i am very scared and nervous and i think I'm getting cold feet. HELP!!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM

are you already living together ? he is the dad of your kid/s ? what exactly are you nervous about ?

anitarichman
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Why were you looking for a long engagement?  That's strange.  Maybe deep down you really don't want to get married to him. 

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him you would much rather PLAN a wedding? IDK.. :\

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
It's totally normal. Just relax. I'm sure that you'll do fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Just tell him that you would like it to be more special than just a quick thing. Tell him you don't feel that it's the right time.
CuriousArentYa
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Lol, I wanted a long engagement also. I wanted to get married in the fall. He was ready to marry quickly. We split the time in half and ended up married in May. I thought it was a good compromise and luckily the weather was great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Yes we live together and have 1 baby together. I have no idea why but i get nervous everytime i think about being married!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

are you already living together ? he is the dad of your kid/s ? what exactly are you nervous about ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)