Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

birthday party

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Did I spend enough?

Options:

No you are too cheap.

Yes no mater what you ended up with $10-15 is a good target.

I would have spent more, but the gifts are fine.

You rock tell me where you find the deals! :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

So both of my kids were invited to a birthday party where I know there is not a birthday party package that doesn't cost less then $15.00 a head.

I shop a lot of discount stores and clearance racks so we usually aim for a gift that costs me around 10-15. We ended up spending about $25 with each kid picking out a gift.

Now I am feeling cheap, here are the toys we bought.

http://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12427901

http://www.amazon.com/iloveRobots-Blazor-Raging-Roaring-Raptor/dp/B005P8V952/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_1

I guess looking at how much they are selling for online, I just got a really good deal. So did I spend enough? is it the actual cost of the gift or is it what the gift is valued at?

Also my son is ADHD and ASD so I don't want to leave him there, the mom knows we are staying and has included us in her count, would it be rude if I offered to pay for my husband and myself? I am pretty sure she is just paying for the party and I will have to offer her the money for us?

I grew up in a family where we did NOT do b-day parities so I am struggling with learning what is acceptable.

thanks for any input!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

first, where is the party.  just b/c u and your husband have to attend to watch your son, doesnt mean you have to partake in the party. eat the food and cake, i mean.... i never leave my kids at parties alone but i dont expect to be included in a child party.  its for kids 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM

It is at a place where you are not allowed into the building unless you buy the buffet.  

Quoting aphrodite7400:

first, where is the party.  just b/c u and your husband have to attend to watch your son, doesnt mean you have to partake in the party. eat the food and cake, i mean.... i never leave my kids at parties alone but i dont expect to be included in a child party.  its for kids 

anitarichman
by Anita on May. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I think the presents are fine.  I don't think it would be rude for you to offer to pay.  She will probably refuse, but you can always offer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)