Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Everyone who has everything I want in life also seem to have GOD but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I think about all the things I want out of life and I realize that I really haven't accomplished any of my goals. When I scroll through Facebook I see a lot of people from school have such great lives. They have or are currently working for things that I want as well. Then I notice that those same people are the ones posting their love for god. In the past I have tried to be a Christian. It just doesn't feel right to me. I can't help but to question if god really exist. I wish I could believe. I wish I could have something to hold onto and to turn to during tough times. My lack of faith has also left me feeling that ill never live the life I want. I'm missing that strength and motivation. I'm just so frustrated with the way my life is becoming. I need a change and not sure how to make it happen. I almost feel upset with myself for not allowing me to just believe in something more than the eye can see.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Sekirei
by LoKitty on May. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are you upset? you shouldn't be. 

I am quite happy and content not being a christian (I am a heathen) 

You can make the change and you don't need any deity to do it. you just have to believe in yourself. :3

JC2223
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Are you looking for a religion or spirituality? Do you believe in anything spiritual? "God" doesn't just give the "good things" in life to those that only believe in him. Those things are earned through work, effort and belief in yourself. Set a goal and work on accomplishing it.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

question. . .why do you call yourself a heathen? Is it an actual um.. .belief (not sure if that's the right word). . .is it because Christians call you that. . .or is it just because you're a patriots fan therefore MUST be a heathen ;)

Quoting Sekirei:

You can make the change and you don't need any deity to do it. you just have to believe in yourself. :3

"Sing it out, sing it out, take what is left of me & make it a melody, Sing it out, sing out loud, cant' find the words to sing, You 'd be my remedy, my soul, my soul, I'll sing with what's left of me" Switchfoot

PhoenixV
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

You don't need to believe or have faith in a god to change. You need to have faith in yourself, and your ability to do so. Even if you did believe, god wouldn't do it for you. It would only allow you to have more faith in yourself.

Moms2be0109
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Their lives may look perfect but I can guarentee they are not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

What is a heathen?

I have NEVER heard that term, except when my dad was trying to say we were too wild, lol.

Quoting Sekirei:

Kitschy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Try the secret.

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

There's some sort of syndrome people get from being on fb all the time...seriously lol.  It's because they see all their 'friends' with such wonderful lives and start thinking theirs is crappy in comparison.  When really, the people are just exaggerating or only posting the positive stuff. 

When I went to church regularly, I wasn't sure if I believed either, but things did seem to just kind of fall into place better.  We need to find another church we like at our new home...it's just such a hassle and I've only had one Catholic priest I could listen to w/o wanting to raise my hand and tell him how bad he sucks lol.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Sounds to me like you're making excuses. "God" doesnt fulfill our desires for us. I believe a pretty popular saying says "god helps those who help themselves. "
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)