Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY 18 year old is pregnant for the second time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

She first got pregnant at 16 and left home. Her BF was 19 and she went to live with him. We called the police and tried to bring her back home but since she was pregnant they said she was able to make her own choices. I found out that they had gone to get married. Apparently here in georgia if you are 16 and older and pregnant or have had a kid you can get married without parental consent. I contacted a lawyer to see if there was anything we could do to bring her back but there wasn't anything that worked. 

Fast forward 2 years. My daughter and her husband are still together. I do not talk to her much because she "hates me". I have heard that he has cheated on her several times, that is is unemployed and bumming off of her. I try to reconnect with her and the last time she told me she was expecting AGAIN. I kept my mouth shut and said congrats and we had a nice conversation for once but I can't really feel happy. 

I hope that she realizes that this guy is no good for her and gets rid of him. I know they have one kid together and another on the way but he really is not a great guy. I told her that if she ever needed any help my door is always open. I feel that I have failed as a parent every step of the way with her. I am such a shitty mom 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on May. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

shell learn when he leaves her with a bunch of kids.

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

kids do really stupid things.  so do moms.  you sound like you're not so bad...at least you didn't yell, "fine!  I'm not going to be your mom anymore!"  lol...hang in there.  You don't need to be happy about it, but love your baby and your grandbabies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

popcorn

illinoismommy83
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Perhaps she will move home in a few years when he leaves for good. You can help her rebuild her life then. Is she in college? Did she finish high school? Or is she just barefoot and pregnant?

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Wanna share?

Quoting Anonymous:

popcorn

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

She finished high school but i dont know if she has any plans for college. 

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Perhaps she will move home in a few years when he leaves for good. You can help her rebuild her life then. Is she in college? Did she finish high school? Or is she just barefoot and pregnant?

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You did what you could as a parent. In the end our kids make their own choices. You can't beat yourself up about it. Just continue to be supportive for her and let her know that if she needs you, you'll be there.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
That's really sad. I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Teenagers can be a pain in the ass.  I was your DD at that age and my Mom thought the same thing as you.  Yes I learned the hard way and she will too.  Some times that's just the way we learn, but it doesn't make you a failure or a crappy Mom.  Keep your door open for her, she'll probably walk through it when she's ready.

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

There is so little you really know. I would try to reconnect and be a support. He may screw her over or they may be rumors. If she is happy be happy for her, if she needs help be there for her! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured