Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs who go back to work....(no mommy wars bashing!!!!)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 26 Replies

If you went back to work when the kids are in school- what do you do during the summers? And school holidays? What kind of job do you have? I'm not being snarky, or trying to fuel the mommy wars... I want to go back to work once all the kiddies are in school, but don't know what to do during the summer and school vacations when they are off for long periods of time so I'm looking for ideas.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I worked as a teaching assistant for our school district.
Had the same days off as my children and if I needed a day off because one of them was sick or to go on their class trip, I had a sub called in for me.
momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I work from home.

Foleygirl24
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Bump
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on May. 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

My oldest babysits the younger two on school holidays, or they go to the activities our Parks & Rec dept offers. During the summer my youngest goes to day camp at her gymnastics school.

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on May. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I'm looking to go back to work next fall when my youngest starts school. I know that my district needs help at the school and I'll start there

EvilAsh
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I'm going to school and I will be graduating in 3 years. I'll have my mom watch the kids more than likely, or have to pay for a sitter if she's not up for it.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on May. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I am going back to work this fall, next Summer my older kids will be 15 and 13 so they can watch their siblings and my mom lives in the same complex as we do. My husband works M-Th 3am-3pm and I am only going to work part time.
Foleygirl24
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM

BUMP!

nyxiemist
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Look for a job at their school. That's what a lot of ladies I know have done. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)