Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you hear often?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 31 Replies
Working in banking for over 7 years, I've heard it all!! I've heard every reason why we should refund your overdraft fee for the 40th time.

People will call and gives us a sob story and proceed to say, "This doesn't happen often and I've never been refunded. Can you do it just this once?" Well, you pull up their account and see they stay overdrawn and they have already been refunded the max amount of times ......... You really think I can't see your history??

What have you heard in your line of work?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LawMom8308
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Bump
CuriousArentYa
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I worked for the Sheriffs Dept and have heard some big ones. I always loved the 

"Are these your pants?"  

"Yes they are"    

"Are these your drugs?"   

"WHAT!? NO!"   

"I thought you said these were your pants"

"They are! But those aren't my drugs in the pants, you must have planted them on me"

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I did software tech support for years. 

"No, I didn't read the book."  (What, we put it in there becasue we WANT to spend more money?)

"Well, I'm not at my computer right now."  (Then call back when you are, because if you can't try things I tell you, I can't help you.)

"My brother in law told me this, and he has a computer just like mine only different"  (Right, it's DIFFERENT which is why it doesn't work when you follow his instructions and why you have called ME).

Oh, and when I worked in insurance (which I did for 10 years):

"My check can't have bounced, I have 4 Cadillacs."  (Yes, I honestly heard this, I had to put the woman on hold so I could laugh)

LawMom8308
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Seriously?? I thought was only on TV!!! Hahahaha! Wow......

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

I worked for the Sheriffs Dept and have heard some big ones. I always loved the 

"Are these your pants?"  

"Yes they are"    

"Are these your drugs?"   

"WHAT!? NO!"   

"I thought you said these were your pants"

"They are! But those aren't my drugs in the pants, you must have planted them on me"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Banks charge you more money when you don't have any money. I have only over drafted once, and it was for only 5 dollars. My bank then charged me a $30 fee which made me -$35 instead of just -$5. Yeah, I don't have any money, so the banks take more of my non existent money.

I understand that banks need to make money, but that makes no sense.
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
"This isn't the macchiato I order at Starbucks!" when they ask for a traditional macchiato.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LawMom8308
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
You call tech support but aren't at your computer?!? *giggles* Sure. I can remember everything you to tell me!

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I did software tech support for years. 

"No, I didn't read the book."  (What, we put it in there becasue we WANT to spend more money?)

"Well, I'm not at my computer right now."  (Then call back when you are, because if you can't try things I tell you, I can't help you.)

"My brother in law told me this, and he has a computer just like mine only different"  (Right, it's DIFFERENT which is why it doesn't work when you follow his instructions and why you have called ME).

Oh, and when I worked in insurance (which I did for 10 years):

"My check can't have bounced, I have 4 Cadillacs."  (Yes, I honestly heard this, I had to put the woman on hold so I could laugh)

CuriousArentYa
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously. My favorite of all time story, some wheels were stolen off of a car. The next week we got a call to the same house, when we got there the wheels were in the front yard with a note saying "Didn't fit" SMH. I can't believe they actually brought them back! Wheels thefts are on the rise btw.

Quoting LawMom8308:

Seriously?? I thought was only on TV!!! Hahahaha! Wow......

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM

As a teacher,  i dont know where to begin!

LawMom8308
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Ill never understand why fees are so much money. If you go negative how can you pay a few? Whenever ppl complain about the fee I just keep my mouth shut bc I don't agree with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Banks charge you more money when you don't have any money. I have only over drafted once, and it was for only 5 dollars. My bank then charged me a $30 fee which made me -$35 instead of just -$5. Yeah, I don't have any money, so the banks take more of my non existent money.

I understand that banks need to make money, but that makes no sense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)