Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did no one see the signs?!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 23 Replies

My husband told me the most shocking story I have ever heard. I know bad things happen to babies, but I just never think of it happening in the world around me. He works with this woman who has a 16 year old daughter who ended up pregnant. The baby is now 8 weeks old. The mom has had issues with her daughter not properly caring for the baby and not being a committed parent and all that. Well, the other day the baby ends up in hospital with a bad fever. They suspected some kind of infection, but couldn't figure it out. They did a CAT scan at the hospital, the results are sickening. This tiny little 8 week old baby girl had a fractured skull and 17 contusions. Turns out the daughter tried to bash her own child's skull in and kill her! Not quite sure how this part happened, but she tried to hang herself in the hospital after it was reveal that she had tried to kill her infant daughter.

Like, I just... I can't wrap my head around this. The daughter was living at home with her parents. How did no one see this coming?! Whether this teenager had postpartum, was crazy, or whatever, there had to be signs and warnings leading up to this. How did no one see them?! What a heart breaking situation for everyone involved. I hope that baby doesn't have long term damage, that she ends up in a loving home, and that the bio mom never has access to her again and is tried as an adult. Poor little angel :(

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SDarvasi
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

WHOA.

That was too much heavy for me.

I am already in a bad mood.....shit.

JNLmomme09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
People do the most sick things to children and I can never wrap my mind around it. I can't listen or read about it.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Damn cunt should have her head bashed in.

:( This is just terrible. They probably knew, they were probably trying to protect their daughter. Sick.

tifbrown
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

That was kind of my thought too. Either that or mom and dad were too busy with full time jobs to really do anything about it. It still just breaks my heart. 

Quoting armywife009:

:( This is just terrible. They probably knew, they were probably trying to protect their daughter. Sick.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yep. :(

Quoting tifbrown:

That was kind of my thought too. Either that or mom and dad were too busy with full time jobs to really do anything about it. It still just breaks my heart. 

Quoting armywife009:

nicki1018
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Sick
KTU
by Kim on May. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

This. It is just too heartbreaking!

Quoting JNLmomme09:

People do the most sick things to children and I can never wrap my mind around it. I can't listen or read about it.

FarmWife
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

People can be blind to the problems of those they love. How tragically sad for everyone invloved. 

GreenAndLean
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM
They may not have seen it or they ignored the signs, maybe they never thought she would do that or maybe they were in denial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Sick, I hope she gets major jail time for this. I'm sure she won't since she's a minor. I bet she wanted an abortion and the parents forced her to have the baby, or wouldn't let her put the baby up for adoption.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)