Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

neck/back hump

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Does anyone else have this? Or did have this? how did it go away?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Chiropractor can help with regular adjustments.  Watch your posture and don't sit on the computer too much.  Yoga is wonderful too because it keeps you focused on your posture with regular practice. sit up straight and don't hunch over.  Shoulders back and tummy in. The Dr. may give you exercises where you stretch your neck and roll your shoulders.  When sitting up straight, practice pulling your chin back and straightening your neck....its like chin push backs.  I have total posture issues since having twins and this neck thing. Hurts. I must keep exercising.  Oh yes...and be careful how you sleep.  Make sure your head is aligned with your spine.  If youre a side sleeper, put a pillow at your neck so your head is not cranked sidways upward, but rather aligned.  It almost feels like your tip of your head is facing downward but it is actually straight....the pillow supports your neck...they have those neck pillows but I like a feather like pillow scrunched up under my neck.  If you sleep on your back, make sure your head and neck is flat and straight and then put pillows under your knees.  Good luck.  Ask your Chiropractor about your specific issues.  this is what helps me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Thanks so much! I actually got a bar that'll help with my posture. But I'll look into the chiropractor

Quoting Anonymous:

Chiropractor can help with regular adjustments.  Watch your posture and don't sit on the computer too much.  Yoga is wonderful too because it keeps you focused on your posture with regular practice. sit up straight and don't hunch over.  Shoulders back and tummy in. The Dr. may give you exercises where you stretch your neck and roll your shoulders.  When sitting up straight, practice pulling your chin back and straightening your neck....its like chin push backs.  I have total posture issues since having twins and this neck thing. Hurts. I must keep exercising.  Oh yes...and be careful how you sleep.  Make sure your head is aligned with your spine.  If youre a side sleeper, put a pillow at your neck so your head is not cranked sidways upward, but rather aligned.  It almost feels like your tip of your head is facing downward but it is actually straight....the pillow supports your neck...they have those neck pillows but I like a feather like pillow scrunched up under my neck.  If you sleep on your back, make sure your head and neck is flat and straight and then put pillows under your knees.  Good luck.  Ask your Chiropractor about your specific issues.  this is what helps me.

umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I have it too.  I just thought it was cause I have big boobies :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I have big boobies too! But I feel like I see other ladies with bigger brats and still not have this

Quoting umm.yeah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Breasts! Not brats! Lol
lnrmom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I've always had that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I have it, too. It's from slouching mostly, but being overweight has made it more pronounced.
umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I think the boobies affect people differently.  I mean I don't really have dents on my shoulders where my bra straps rest but yet I have seen women smaller than me that do have them. Who knows.  I guess I never really thought about ways to get rid of my hump. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have big boobies too! But I feel like I see other ladies with bigger brats and still not have this

Quoting umm.yeah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)