Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

starting to question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My faith........iam a single mom who is raising my daughter pretty much by myself. Her dad is in her life but not in mine. We have a rocky relationship, this morning i woke up wishing i would fall back asleep into a deep comatose sleep.

I'm really starting to question my faith in god and if i can keep going the way i have been. I feel like i've reached my breaking point, where i don't care about anything anymore and i wanna just walk away without telling anybody where i'm going. (I'm seeing a counselor and will let her read this post) i feel like every bit of my life is all a lie and there is so much more i can be doing besides raising my daughter stuck in an apartment.

I love my daughter but i'm emotionally checking out(since i can't phsyically check out i'm doing it emotionally) i'm tired of faking the smile on my face and pretending her dad and me get along so well when i wish he'd leave us alone.

Maybe it's just me idk but i wanna run off to the middle of nowhere and scream and cry like a baby. My life sucks i feel hollow and empty sometimes. I feel ugly and unloveable like a doll thats been cruelly played with broken and put back down violently.

I've done all the praying i possibly could over the las few days and it seems like god has took a vacation.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I am so sorry that you're feeling this way. Maybe take a little vacation have some 'me time' and take a break from the world. And If your daughter is in her teen years, maybe u want to talk to her express your feeling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
She's only 3

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sorry that you're feeling this way. Maybe take a little vacation have some 'me time' and take a break from the world. And If your daughter is in her teen years, maybe u want to talk to her express your feeling.
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. He just thinks You're a Badass. He has faith in you to voersome the challenges of life. Don't doubt him. I know I am going through a difficult time and if not for my faith in God, I would be struggling getting out of bed each morning.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I'm divorced and raising a 3 yr old son and unfortunately my ex-husband and I don't have a good realtionship. It's hard co-parenting with a narcissist and I feel the way you do at times but you need to keep on going for your daughter's sake. Reach out to family or friends for a break at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Have someone take her for a week go on vacation with friends. I think you're lack of emotionally support and feel alone and lonely. Talk to people at church. Sometimes a cup of latte and a book for an hr will help u clear ur head a bit. Or make more friends 'support group'

Quoting Anonymous:

She's only 3

Quoting Anonymous:

SageAdvice
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

That's your problem you are relying on God to fix your problem, when the truth is, you have to do it. If you believe in God, don't you believe that he gave you the ability to change things you don't like? That he allows you the were weather all to get up and say NO more and make a change?

You know what you need to happen, laying in bed in a comatose state will not make it happen. Take one step, change one small thing, maybe get a new hair style, something you find pretty, anything, and it will lead to another bigger thing. And as you slowly make those changes, your faith in yourself and therefore in your God will slowly be restored.

Good Luck... from your friendly neighborhood agnostic

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Family won't do it, i've asked and friends i don't have any. If my dad were here he'd watch her(he moved out of state) my mom refuses so it's all on me.

I'm supposed to be going to see my counselor today at one

Quoting owl0210:

I'm divorced and raising a 3 yr old son and unfortunately my ex-husband and I don't have a good realtionship. It's hard co-parenting with a narcissist and I feel the way you do at times but you need to keep on going for your daughter's sake. Reach out to family or friends for a break at times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Have someone take her for a week go on vacation with friends. I think you're lack of emotionally support and feel alone and lonely. Talk to people at church. Sometimes a cup of latte and a book for an hr will help u clear ur head a bit. Or make more friends 'support group'

Quoting Anonymous:

She's only 3

Quoting Anonymous:

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I hired a sitter it's much easier if you family isn't around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Family won't do it, i've asked and friends i don't have any. If my dad were here he'd watch her(he moved out of state) my mom refuses so it's all on me.

Quoting owl0210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Not sure she'll stay with a sitter i'll look into one though thank you

Quoting owl0210:

I hired a sitter it's much easier if you family isn't around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting owl0210:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)