Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In labor but I need to finish running my Errands

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 41 Replies

Haha yep I did that.

When I was pregnant with my last I woke to Bloody show so I knew labor was coming soon. I bathed the kids and we ran out to do few things. I ended up going into labor while at the cable office replacing my box that was acting up. I had a contraction but was next in line so I just stayed:) They started coming every 5 mins but were mild so I hit the store and finally stopped by hubs work to say hi and let him know he would need to come home soon. His office was a mile from our home, then I went home and cleaned for 30 mins before calling him. Our son was born 2 hours after I got home.

Thinking back now it's kind of funny, I was in active labor running around.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I did that too, their was time and I knew I wouldnt feel like doing stuff when I came home

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Funnyhow that works. How long was your labor?

Quoting thenameshailie:

I did that too, their was time and I knew I wouldnt feel like doing stuff when I came home

Kermitthemom23
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Sounds good to me.
Beats laying in bed wallowing in how much it hurts!
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Lol yep I did that too

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM

11 hours, I was only at the hospital for 3 of those hours. I suppose you never know how long it will take but I wanted to spend as little time there as I could lol

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Quoting thenameshailie:

-42-
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
With my youngest, I went in for a regular check up and he told me I was dialated and to come back that evening so he could check again. So I went and did errands and then stopped back by.......

I was in labor, lol. I've never felt a contraction with either pregnancy.

But anyways. He says he's admitting me. Well, I had not came prepared and asked if we could run home and get my stuff. He asked how far away we lived....we live maybe 5 minutes away so he was like, I'll go ahead and get your admit papers done and you be back ASAP, no more than an hour.

Well.....I had to go to Walmart to buy some things my preggo brain had forgotten. So DH and I went shopping while I was in labor, lol

My poor OB, I had told him that I had never noticed contractions with my first and he was terrified that I was going to go into hardcore labor at home. I didn't though! I had baby the next afternoon.
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

lol, I walked the mall while in active labor--back labor at that because the hospital said I wasn't progressing!  HA!  Showed back up two hours later and they admitted me.

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I was in pre labor, or active, whatever you want to call it. 

But I was 4 CM dilated and my mucus plug broke, for about 4-3 weeks, still out running around and cleaning. 

Point?

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I understand that. Mine as born at home but it was only 2 hours after I got back. Lol I had no idea it would be that fast, labor was mild.

Quoting thenameshailie:

11 hours, I was only at the hospital for 3 of those hours. I suppose you never know how long it will take but I wanted to spend as little time there as I could lol

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Quoting thenameshailie:

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
With dd1, I worked all day at 6 cm, in active labor. I left work 30 mins early to head to the hospital, and she was born 45 mins after I got there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)