Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We suggest you take him to immediate care... o.O

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

This is what my pediatricians office just told me. My youngest son has bacterial walking pneumonia. I've been trying to keep my boys apart as much as possible as well as lysoling and staying clean. My older son has pretty severe asthma and has ended up in the hospital before. He started complaining last night at bed and this morning before school that his lung hurt. So I called at 9:45 when they open on Fridays. She told me the only appt. they had was at 10. If I could hurry at get him there by 10. I agreed that I would do my best, but we might be a few mins late. (We live about 15 mins away) She rudely said "then never mind take him to the immediate care!" I'm super annoyed with the whole thing. I LOVE my sons doctor, but this isn't the first time the receptionist has rubbed me the wrong way. 

Am I overreacting? 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Rude..

Good luck!! I hope your kiddo feels better

LectioDivina
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

:( sorry

Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Theymight be swamped and being late might throw the whole day off. Don't take it personal.
beaugrl0824
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I would mention it to the office manager or the nurse in charge. There is no reason for her to be rude.
PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

She was rude.  The next time you're at the doctor's mention it to him.  He may not know how rude his receptionist is to his clients.

dblhlx
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I don't think you are overreacting. Talk to your son's doctor about the receptionist. I LOVE my daughters and we are lucky the receptionists are all super nice. One of the nurses and I butt heads sometimes, but other than that its great.
KGreen75
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

9:45 is a weird ass time to open.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM

They act like you wouldnt be sitting in the waiting room for an hour anyway. I think its rude and that they should do anything they can to get a sick kid in and my doctors always do.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Isn't it though! They are open on Friday from 9:45-2:45. All the other days they have normal hours mostly. Weirdos

Quoting KGreen75:

9:45 is a weird ass time to open.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Chances are they are squeezing you into a 12 minute slot.  Being "a few minutes late" WOULD throw things off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)