Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bedwetter Boyfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 317 Replies
6 moms liked this

There always seem to be ads on the side of CafeMom for goodnights, and it seems like every couple of months I'll run across a post about a mom who is just totally frustrated with her child's bedwetting.  The advice offered seems to be one of two things, either exceptionally cruel treatment to try to get the child to stop, or telling her that the kid will eventually grow out of it. 

Well, the kid won't always eventually grow out of it.  My boyfriend is well into adulthood and never has.  He's wet the bed a few times a week for his entire life, and still does.  I don't like getting peed on, so he wears adult diapers to bed. 

But you know what, I kind of think it's cute! 

*ETA - Yes, he has been to many doctors.  He doesn't have any physical problems, he just doesn't wake up when his bladder gets full, and has a really hard time being woken in the middle of the night for anything really. 

**Second Edit - He has been to doctors.  He has been to therapists.  He does have a sleep issue, but is healthy except for this "problem".  Otherwise he is a very normal, successul man.  He's a great guy, strong, into sports, coroporate management job, helpful around the house, all those normal things.  But he wets the bed and wears diapers for it at night, and I've learned to enjoy it.  It's intimate and the fact that it's a "secret" that only I really know about him makes it kind of fun. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Woah...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Has he tried to get help from a doctor?
Anastacia1988
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
He should see multiple drs... He could have some severe psychiatric trauma or PTSD . Or a urologist
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
22 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

ilovemykids732
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

That wouldnt work for me... but if you think its cute... than its ok :)

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Well that is not normal and he should have seen a dtr. by the time he hit puberty and they could fix the issue.

o.O....
by Cara on May. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh yeah- that's adorable...
Goobieville
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Hmm... To each their own?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes, but the "solutions" either are a pill that causes liver damage if used long term, or surgery that would make him impotent.  Neither seems particularly worth it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Has he tried to get help from a doctor?

Noahsmom32825
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor guy. Imagine how he feels....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN