Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have a minute to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

So in my house full of teen girls (2) feels like 20 sometimes with their friends and crap everywhere 

my new thing when i enter a room and find their crap or mess --- i stop breath and then have them return to the room i point and simply say 

YOU HAVE A MINUTE TO FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no more when i am done with this or first let me...... nope NOW --- tired of my house being a wreck!!!

**** If i am being a bitch it is because your being lazy stupid or rude...... now you know how to fix that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

BUMP!

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Does it take them longer than a minute?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
My mom had 5 teen girls living in her house at one point lol.
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Right on. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Also this reminds me of the big comfy couch clean up at the end of the show. 10 second tidy or whatever.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Ummm... Ok?
earthangel217
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I don't even have teens yet and I still get that "wait until I'm done with this" excuse from my daughter (almost 5).  Drives me absolutely nuts.  I give her longer than a minute, but I expect it to be done when I ask, it's a matter of learning respect and responsibility. 

SterlingHeart
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

nope they have to address the issue within a minute --- i don't mind it taking longer to get it done right --- i just refuse to have a mess wait on something like i have to answer this text or finish my facebook post etc...... so sick of their hair or media being muy importante and the wake of their crap behind them being a no biggie --- it is a biggie --- i am sick of a messy house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL  

Quoting acrogodess:

SterlingHeart

SterlingHeart
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

i can't even imagine that --- like i get a bit shakey and queasy trying to imagine LOL 

Quoting Retrokitty:

My mom had 5 teen girls living in her house at one point lol.

SterlingHeart

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My kids are tweens. Dd is 10. Ds is 12. It takes them forever to get their room done, but it does get done. They are learning however to not leave messes all over the house and are learning to contain their mess to their room.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

nope they have to address the issue within a minute --- i don't mind it taking longer to get it done right --- i just refuse to have a mess wait on something like i have to answer this text or finish my facebook post etc...... so sick of their hair or media being muy importante and the wake of their crap behind them being a no biggie --- it is a biggie --- i am sick of a messy house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL  

Quoting acrogodess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)