Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think Pre-k kindergarten graduations are pointless!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can understand end of year programs but a graduation really? POINTLESS and dumb in my book especially those who still have another year in preschool. My school district does not do them for kindergarten and neither does any of the local preschools. Save the true pomp and circumstance for the grades when kids do more than nap play and color!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM
5 moms liked this

Fuck you, my daughter learned how to READ in preschool and this marks an important milestone in her life where she's leaving many friends behind and her teachers who she's become very close to this past year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I don't see a problem with it. My daughter's pre-K ceremony is on Tuesday. She is super excited. It is going to be a really fun day and is meant to celebrate them successfully making it through their first year of school (here pre-K is the first year in the public schools). It makes her happy and I love when she is happy. 

britmichele
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. Good for you.....

Yesterday my son put his own socks on, and we celebrated that. It's all dependant on what milestones are important to your life.
-_-
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope this doesn't mean your child is the lonely one, looking for something to do to look busy while all the other kids are having a good time with their parents.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM

My dd should be proud of what she has done this year and I am so proud of her. I love any excuse to go to the school to see her. Hers is on Thursday, Im so excited!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree...graduation is for high school and college. It's getting ridiculous with these spoiled ass kids.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I agree, I think they're weird.  We grew up having them and it was a full on party afterwards, kindergarten, eighth grade, and high school were pretty much equal celebrations.  For my kindergarten graduation I was given a desk as a present.  I just find it very weird

My daughter had a little thing at her preschool, they played games, they got a little book from the teacher, and they took pictures.  Totally in the normal range.  I have friends that are showing pictures and their kids have full on caps and gowns and a ceremony.  Freakin weird

coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Nap, play and color in Kindergarten? Not in my district. My kids left K reading simple chapter books.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Omg I can not agree with you more. I'm positive all the mommies of precious little babies will disagree but I think they are the dumbest thing ever. I also hate kindergarten and 8th grade graduations. Since when do kids need a ceremony for something they are required to do? So stupid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)