Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 26 year old son called me in tears at 3 this morning*2nd update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

yesterday he let me know he was going into hollywood to go to a gig,3 bands and the last band had a girl he's been seeing around LA a lot lately....well i guess during the gig the girl my son went to see was walking on the wall between the bar and the crowd and someone threw a glass bottle at her face.one of his friends texted me at midnight and said "ashley might not be calling you for a couple hours" so i thought ok maybe he lost his phone and he'll call me from his land line.....nope he called me at 3 in the morning from his cell phone, sobbing saying they took the girl away in an ambulance, i then asked him to calm down a little and tell me what happened, between sobs i got this much

she was walking on the wall between the bar and crowd someone threw a glass bottle at her,she fell 6 ft onto a table breaking the table and she wasnt moving,so my son ran over to see if he could help her. her eyes were open but glazed over and she was trying to catch her breath so not knowing what he should do he unzipped her corset and sat her up,as soon as he sat her up she gasped for air and clung to him shaking. after that the medics came in and took her away he doesnt know what happened after they took her and he doesnt know if he should go to the bar and ask which hospital they took her to or what

my son isnt a cryer...so i was surprised he was crying. im waiting for my son to come over right now and talk to me

edit:my son called the bar and they told him the hospital the ambulance took her to so my son left about 20 minutes ago to go see her. i'll update more when he texts me

update:my son just texted me saying that she has 6 stitches on her face and has a sprained ankle but everything else is fine,she was asleep when he got there though.he's just waiting for her to wake up now,so he's walking around the gift shop

edit:she woke up and the first thing she did was look at my son look at the bed and then back to my son surprised that he was there,then she said she was hungry and my son without hesitating went to ihop down the street and got her a togo plate of cinnastack pancakes lol

3rd edit:my son drove her home,he's helping her clean now

2nd update:while my son was helping her clean,someone knocked ok the door so my son answered it,it was her ex boyfriend dropping off their son. the ex boyfriend was getting mad that my son was there saying that their son shouldnt be exposed to a river of boyfriends,then the girl says "shut up you idiot,i got a glass bottle thrown at my face last night and i fell 6ft, he's just helping me. if your going to act like a jealous boyfriend when we arent even together get the hell away from my apartment" the ex boyfriend stormed off yelling random things,and my son got to see what she was like with her son.my son said that she put her ds down for a nap and she is trying not to fall asleep on the couch

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (231-234):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Dh and I "check in" with his parents when we go on trips....and I check in with ds's grandma, she asks me to let her know if we made it safely to our destination.

Quoting jamamama00:

Okay, let me put it this way. I stopped checking in with my parents when I left home. As did every other person I know. I literally cannot name one guy I knew who still checked in with his mom when he was twenty-six. Are you one of those co-dependant hippie moms?

Quoting unspecified42:

Nope.

Quoting jamamama00:

I'm not picking on her. I do think it's weird. He is a grown man. I don't know of many adult men that check in with their mom when they get home, know what I mean?

Quoting unspecified42:

So then why are you picking at the OP and harping on about how weird it is and comparing it to your situation?

Quoting jamamama00:

Yeah, obviously.

Quoting unspecified42:

Some family dynamics are different, you know. As is the relationship between sisters and between mothers and children.

Quoting jamamama00:

Do the bands he goes to see normally atract a violent crowd? This is just weird. My sister lives in LA too, and travels all around the world. We never feel the need to check in with each other after she goes out at night.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jamamama00:

No offense, but this is all kinda odd. Does he normally call you this often? Are you two super close?

i get nervous when he goes to gigs so just to humor me he tells me when he gets home

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
If my son likes her and doesn't care about the ex nothing much I can do,she seems sweet and as long as she treats my son properly I see no issue

Quoting FL2AK:

Ok, a controlling ex boyfriend that she shares a kid with. I guess as a mom I wouldn't want that BS in my kids life.

Quoting Anonymous:

The person didn't like the band and when she got close enough they threw it at her,and like I said the ex was controlling that's why he acted like he did

Quoting FL2AK:

The ex thing, the kid and why would someone randomly just throw a bottle at her face?

Quoting Anonymous:

What the ex thing? They were together for 4 years and he was controlling

Quoting FL2AK:

Sounds like too much drama for a sweet young man to deal with.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Checking in while on vacation is a bit different than checking in after going out, don't you think? Nonetheless, that was not the point I was trying to make. This whole story is just...odd. Others have noticed it, too. I think OP just left out some important details. The way she wrote it kinda made it sound like he was stalking some random girl and had a total meltdown that she got hurt and followed her to the hospital and blah blah blah. I think she clarified in some recent posts that this was not the case, that he had known her previously, etc....

Quoting Devious333:

Dh and I "check in" with his parents when we go on trips....and I check in with ds's grandma, she asks me to let her know if we made it safely to our destination.

Quoting jamamama00:

Okay, let me put it this way. I stopped checking in with my parents when I left home. As did every other person I know. I literally cannot name one guy I knew who still checked in with his mom when he was twenty-six. Are you one of those co-dependant hippie moms?

Quoting unspecified42:

Nope.

Quoting jamamama00:

I'm not picking on her. I do think it's weird. He is a grown man. I don't know of many adult men that check in with their mom when they get home, know what I mean?

Quoting unspecified42:

So then why are you picking at the OP and harping on about how weird it is and comparing it to your situation?

Quoting jamamama00:

Yeah, obviously.

Quoting unspecified42:

Some family dynamics are different, you know. As is the relationship between sisters and between mothers and children.

Quoting jamamama00:

Do the bands he goes to see normally atract a violent crowd? This is just weird. My sister lives in LA too, and travels all around the world. We never feel the need to check in with each other after she goes out at night.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jamamama00:

No offense, but this is all kinda odd. Does he normally call you this often? Are you two super close?

i get nervous when he goes to gigs so just to humor me he tells me when he gets home

Kenre
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I am glad she is okay.

Ignore the naysayers. I still have check ins with people when i go somewhere alone, even work everyday. It can be my friend, my sister or even my ex's grandma has been my check in. They all know how long it takes or whatever and so know that if I don't then I need help. I call my grandma when something traumatic happens, too. I am 28 and been around the world. I checked in then, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)