Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS is going to drive me crazy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

I've never been involved with CPS, never been investigated, never done anything to need CPS called.
I think I'm a good mother, I do everything I should, I keep a clean house, full of healthy food and plenty of water, never been late on rent, power, or water. my children are as happy as can me.

But everytime someone knocks on the door, I almost pass out.
I shake so bad that I have trouble unlocking the door.
I always think it's CPS.

I've read way too many horror stories, I just read a post about some woman wanted to call CPS because a child over overweight and thought CPS needed to remove the child from the house!

Another woman ( this was on our local news) had her daughter taken away because she didnt agree with what a doctor said about her daughter so she took her child to a different hospital for a second opinion and the doctor called CPS even tho she didnt have anything that was putting her life in danger. She is still fighting for her daughter.

I feel like we have no say in parenting anymore.

I don't know how to get over this fear. I spend most of my day scrubbing the house clean just incase someone shows up from cps! and I've never done anything wrong!  I treat my children right! but I feel like anyone can call and make up lies and then the CPS has to come to your house.

What should I do?!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Seek a therapist
MojoRising
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Get help
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

live your life.dont be waiting for something to happen.because if your so busy being scared,something could happen..

MojoRising
And medication
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

If your taking care of your kids it wouldnt matter if they do come, you will be fine. They dont take your kid for no reason.

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Theyve been in my life once over a false accusation.

They told me that 9 times out of 10, it's a false accusation, and usually "vengeance calls". Sad.

My3beautys
I'm the same way. But my sisters kids are in foster care for something she didn't even know about. They can steal your kids with out a reason .

I don't know how to get over your fear if you find a way let me know
coleysmama
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Therapy!

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Oh and please stop worrying... if you are doing your best, youll be fine.

If it makes you feel better, research your rights with CPS. And learn how to recognize a shady caseworker when you see one.

My3beautys
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
That's not true

Quoting thenameshailie:

If your taking care of your kids it wouldnt matter if they do come, you will be fine. They dont take your kid for no reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)