Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Engagement Rings- Give me your thoughts! **UPDATE-New Photos!!**

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 39 Replies

Poll

Question: Which engagement ring do you think is best/prettiest for me? =D

Options:

Go with #1!

Go with #3 (solitaire)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

Hi Ladies,

This isn't a confession =P but since this group is so active I wanted to get your thoughts =)

Okay. My BF told me he is going to order me an engagement ring on Monday and he said he would consider my input on a ring until then. We are ordering a ring setting online and it's hard for me since I cannot see what it would look like on my finger. I've sat down at a local jewelers and decided I like solitaire settings or halo type settings. I just wanted to get your thoughts on the following three rings. I like them all, but maybe there are some pros/cons to these rings that I haven't thought of. I know for sure I want: a ring w/ yellow gold setting, round stone(s), and 4 prongs in the band (ideally...wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it had 6 prongs).

First, I'll start with 2 wedding bands I like. I honestly, really see me going with either one of these bands so  my current dilemma is finding an engagement ring that could go with either one of these bands.

I really like this for a wedding band:

or this (can't afford the engagement ring setting that goes with this band, but I think it could still be nice with a different setting)

Ok, first engagement ring setting . I really like this ring. I think this is my favorite ring, but my issue with this is I don't know what type of wedding band would go with it! I also don't know how it would look in real life as I haven't seen anything like it at the local jewelers.

2. I've always loved Halo style rings. I DELETED THIS OPTION...think I'll pass on the HALO.

3. Finally, I like solitaire settings. Unfortunately, I know 2 friends who have a tiffany style setting in white gold..so this setting wouldn't be as unique as I would like, but I would still be happy with something like this. The downside is it is a plain band, but it would go nicely with the top picture wedding band.

Also, I have a question about engagement rings. Is it smart to get the center stone to be the same color as the diamonds in the band of the ring or does it not matter? Thanks!

THANKS for reading and for your input! I know ultimately I have to wear the ring and SO's opinion and mine matter the most, but I've narrowed rings down to these three and my SO just wants to order a ring and get it over with so we can be engaged...lol

UPDATE:

I did a little browsing today and found many different settings I could be happy with. Here are three rings that I found that could work.

From left to right: 1st ring is a 1 carat, middle ring holds a 1.5carat, and the index finger hold a 2 carat stone. The ring on my ring finger could be similar to ring #1 that I talked about above. I think ultimately I would be happy with any one of these settings. Not sure what I like more between the other two bands..a solitaire with stones in the band vs. no stones.

What size stone looks best on my hand? 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0?

Here is a photo with a 1.5 carat with a wedding band I really like. Thoughts?

So, What looks best on the last two photos? Thoughts? THANKS!

By the way, I tried on more halo rings in the store and ultimately I think I'm going to pass on the halo setting. I'm still considering #1 and #2 above.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unsuspected
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I like the first band.

And either of the first two engagement rings although I like the "halo" one more.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Mobile Photo

Those are my rings separated.

Ill post them together in another post.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I hate gold, I hate weird rings because they cheapen the diamonds, go with 2 or 3.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
#3 but I like platinum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Mobile Photo

Together
ballerina18
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Thanks. Your photos are helpful and your rings are STUNNING!

Can I ask what size fingers you have? It's sometimes hard for me to think about what a stone would look like on my size 5.5 fingers. I mean, I tried stuff on at the jewelers, but I don't know if rings would look too big. I'm trying to find the photo of a ring I tried on at the jewelers to see if you ladies think the ring looks too BIG =O lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Mobile Photo

ballerina18
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I've never liked the look of gold before until I tried it on. The gold looks much better on my very pale skin opposed to white gold. Thanks for your input!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I hate gold, I hate weird rings because they cheapen the diamonds, go with 2 or 3.

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM

This...

Quoting unsuspected:

I like the first band.

And either of the first two engagement rings although I like the "halo" one more.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Oh thank you. Dh picked out my engagement ring designed it himself. Asked em a few random questions but besides he did well. E has great taste.

As for the bands I had to buy them at a different store then the engagement ring.

I believe I am a size 7-7.5.

Quoting ballerina18:

Thanks. Your photos are helpful and your rings are STUNNING!

Can I ask what size fingers you have? It's sometimes hard for me to think about what a stone would look like on my size 5.5 fingers. I mean, I tried stuff on at the jewelers, but I don't know if rings would look too big. I'm trying to find the photo of a ring I tried on at the jewelers to see if you ladies think the ring looks too BIG =O lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Mobile Photo

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

You don't HAVE to have an engagement ring.  My wedding band is a claddagh with my husband and my birthstone in it.  Sometimes the band you choose is enough without the added flash of a diamond.  Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)