Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hell yeah i'm saving the good brownies for myself!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 0 Replies

Lol today is DH's 25th birthday. Hes working from 7-1 and then he has to go mow 2 lawns afterwards (his other job) really sucks he has to work all day on his birthday, but it gives me time to make all the food. I'm making turtle brownies for my, dd, dh, my grandma and my older brother...but my mom is coming over tonight and bringing my little siblings. They are 8,10 and 13 and eat like PIGS. They dont have "good food" at home and so when they come here, they will overeat so they can have "good food" {There dad is a "chef"} and so he can never make a simple, kid friendly meal. They have to have steak and fish and "grown up food" as the youngest calls it. They want chicken nuggets, hot dogs and icecream and he refuses to do anything that can be cooked in a microwave. Hes farrr from  chef, and the kids get food poisoning half the time because he can't cook correctly. 

But either way, they are coming over tonight and so i'm making devils food cake that nobody will ever eat for them...and then when they leave, bringing out the good hersheys turtle brownies lol. I don't want to share. I want to actually have some this time. At DD's birthday, they ate 2 entire family size bags of chips and nobody else got any. They ate 15 cupcakes between the 3 of them...Yeah, no. I don't have that kind of $ to blow on food right now.

You ever keep the good stuff for yourself and serve the guests food you don't like?

Oh and i'm making tater tot casserole. Enough for everybody, which is 3 cake pans full. And the party is only 8 people...

by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)