Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OK for boys but not for girls?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies
2 moms liked this

The earring post where many moms said they would not pierce their baby girls ears because of the pain, and not do it that young for cosmetic reasons, and that they would allow their daughter to decide when she got older made me wonder why it is so wrong for you to put two small holes that take a second to do and can grow up into a baby girls ears yet it is perfectly fine to cut off a piece of a boys penis that has thousands of nerve endings for cosmetic reasons and not give them a choice when they are older?  Seems kind of crazy.  While we are at it, why not cut off a girls inner labia and clitoral hood when she is a baby since it serves no purpose, would not affect her sexuality later in life, and it might grow and darken with puberty and be "ugly".  Don't we want our daughters sexual partner to be able to see her "perfect" genitals like we want our sons partners to not have to deal with an "ugly" penis?

By the way, I could care less either way.  I have one circumcised boy and one uncircumcised, and my daughters ears are pierced.  I don't care what you do with your child but I am wondering how one could be so evil even though it is painless and the other is considered normal and ok even though it is painful and alters the body greatly.

Since some moms see the word circumcism and freak out saying this is an anticirc post, it is not.  Read the full post and let it sink into your mind before you start typing.  I could care less what you do with your kid.  Your kid, your business.  I have one cut and one uncut son, and my daughters ears are pierced. I am trying to understand why circing is ok but piercing is considered evil and a horrible thing to do to a girl.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Piercing is the lesser of two evils to me, yet it is considered worse than permanently altering a body part in a major way.  I don't get it

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't do either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Lol

sahmw2010
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Ummm... I didnt do my dd ears because I am allergic to all the metals used, including the hypoalergenic and all that crap, that i decided to wait u til she is old enough to tell me if there is a problem ir not
Anastacia1988
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I don't know what your getting at but I don't think I like it
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

You can see if it is getting red or swollen.  I am also allergic to many metals including gold.  I got my daughters ears done anyway.  If I would have seen them getting red or swollen I would have taken them out.  A boy getting circumcised can also have many problems, including death.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Ummm... I didnt do my dd ears because I am allergic to all the metals used, including the hypoalergenic and all that crap, that i decided to wait u til she is old enough to tell me if there is a problem ir not

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I do both.
One for cosmetic reasons, one for religious.
No regrets for any of my kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Moms say that piercing a girls ears as a baby is horrible because of the pain and it makes holes in their ears they may not want later in life.  So they let them choose.  But a mom doesn't care about the pain her son suffers during a circumcism and that it is also permanent.  They don't get to choose though.

Quoting Anastacia1988:

I don't know what your getting at but I don't think I like it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Well I'm one of the moms who DID pierce her baby's ears but would never circumcise a son if I have one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
12 moms liked this

pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Oh God!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)