Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How horrid of a teenager were you?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
Attitude-wise?
That other post got me thinking. I was a horrid little teenager. Apart from sneaking out and stuff, I had such a little attitude. There were many eye rollings, feet stompings, door slamings, and even a few over dramatic "You're ruining my life!"s. But I would have NEVER cursed out my mom, telling her to fuck off or calling her a bitch to her face. I may of thought it in the moment, but never actually say it. Not only was I afraid of what her reaction would be, but it was a matter of respect.
The worst thing I did was flick her off once, behind her back--while she was standing in front of a mirror, lol. Not too smart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Let's just say my moms favorite saying
"When you have kids....." except I got REALLY lucky, my sons even as teens are AWESOME
amberk22
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I was never bold enough to even yell at her in person. Whenever we got into arguements, I would leave the house and start texting her. If I tried to say anything to her face, I would just start bawling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
My mom and i fought a ton.

but she was an abusive alcholic. when i was 16 i had to quite school and get a job to pay the bills and buy food. before then i was babysitting to get money to buy the things i needed.
AdensMommy1107
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I was absolutely awful. My poor parents.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I spent my teens caring for my dying mother. I didn't want to burden her with a bad attitude my my father and I fought like cats and dogs.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I was 50/50

On one hand, I went to concerts and tripped a lot of shrooms, smoked young, drank a bit, etc.

On the other, as much as I did bad things I did nerdy things like play DnD, LARP, watch/draw anime, participate in Amtgard and SCA.....

AdensMommy1107
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on May. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I was bad. My mom was way worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)