Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my cool this morning and I feel horrible about it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
This morning was complete hell with DD. Just awful! I spent the better part of 20 minutes fighting with her to get dressed. During which time she hit me, kicked me, pushed me, and screamed. At one point I went into the bathroom and by the time I came out she had completely undressed herself. So I had to fight with her again to get her dressed. I ended up having to put her in the car without shoes on because she fought me so hard. On the way to daycare she is still screaming. I finally snapped and screamed "shut the f**k up"! I never, ever talk to her like that and now I feel like shit for it. I promised myself I would never talk to her the way I was talked to as a child and I broke that promise. :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
It happens, get over and move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
She's just a little girl, who wanted to stay home with mommy. She doesn't really understand why I screamed at her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
By the end of the day you will be more broken up about then she will.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's just a little girl, who wanted to stay home with mommy. She doesn't really understand why I screamed at her.

Quoting Anonymous:

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM
It's okay we've all done something or said something out of frustration. I've been dealing with a 3 yr old who doesn't want to get dressed in the morning for the past two weeks so I can totally relate. I put him in the car the other day with his pajamas on because he refused to get dressed and I have to catch a train to work. Once we got to preschool he got dressed in the car. I've been letting him pick his clothes out the night before and it seems to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I hope she will be over it when I go pick her up.

Quoting Anonymous:

By the end of the day you will be more broken up about then she will.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
She will forget all about it by the time you pick her up. It happens to the best of us. Don't beat yourself up so much.
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM

She probably forgot about it by the time you pulled out of the parking lot.  {{HUGS}}  I hope your night goes better!

Suzy_Sunshine
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Children are resiillient and your child has a mother who wants to do her best. 

Forgive yourself but put a morning routine in place. She is old enough to learn to follow the plan and she is old enough for discipline. If you are firmer and more proactive about discipline you are less likely to lose your cool. 

But you know what? It will still happen sometimes and that is OK. Raising a child and never ever showing her that you are angry is not a realistic goal and not really good for her anyway!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Everyone gets frustrated *hugs*

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

We all lose our cool at some point.  Deep breath, and look forward to giving her a huge hug when you pick her up later.  I have apologized to my kids for yelling or snapping at them, and even if they don't remember what I am apologizing for, I feel better knowing that I am showing them the kind of respect that they deserve.   It's also a good teaching opportunity-- even mommies get frustrated and say mean things sometimes, and when we say mean things, we apologize!  

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)