Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's my story about being the other woman

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

First I'll say I DID NOT KNOW I was the other woman. A few years ago I started dating this guy and shortly after the relationship started becoming semi serious, I got a call from his fiance and said she found text messages between him and myself. I told her flat out I knew he had a baby mama but he told me not only were they not together but that she lived in a completely different state.

She asked to meet up with me and I asked her I didn't mind but just tell me how was it going to go, was this a throw down or did she just want to talk. She said she just wanted to talk and find out what was going on. So we met up outside of a resturaunt that night ordered drinks and started talking. She was really upset and I felt beyond horrible about it. As she was leaving we decided to snap a picture of the two of us together and text it to him. Needless to say he was not happy and was just "faking it" with me and that was the last time i heard from him lol. They borke up  and she and I ended up going clubbing together a few times before she moved back home. She and I still keep in touch. That's my story. 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

well, you can't hardly be blamed since you had no idea... I'm glad that it ended the way it did and that both of you ladies have since moved on to (hopefully) find men that can handle monogamy.

Cheers! x

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Well at least you didnt continue it after you knew

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Glad she didn't beat the snot outta ya! Not every encounter is a friendly one.
Dee0886
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Lol I'm not crazy I was ready....I didn't wear heels to that meet up lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad she didn't beat the snot outta ya! Not every encounter is a friendly one.

jamamama00
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

That was nice of you to come clean to her. When a man is "mind fucking" a woman, I think the woman deserves to hear the total, honest truth...even if it has to come from the "other woman." One of my friends was screwing this poor woman's husband for years, and she refused to tell the woman the whole truth, even after her and the man had a big blow up and quit speaking. I thought it was shitty of her. We aren't friends any more, thank god.

soccermomma72
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Ugh there are some really pathetic men in this world. I am glad  you both found out what he was before it got too serious!

Dee0886
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I honestly don't understand how some women can keep that up. I felt like shit for it on top of feeling betrayed by him also. I feel like we were both kind of victims in this..though definitely more her than me. I was disgusted with the whole situation.

Quoting jamamama00:

That was nice of you to come clean to her. When a man is "mind fucking" a woman, I think the woman deserves to hear the total, honest truth...even if it has to come from the "other woman." One of my friends was screwing this poor woman's husband for years, and she refused to tell the woman the whole truth, even after her and the man had a big blow up and quit speaking. I thought it was shitty of her. We aren't friends any more, thank god.

jamamama00
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Exactly! This poor woman had been married to the guy for like ten years, and had two small babies. When they got caught, of course he told her that my friend was some whore who seduced him, and all the normal bullshit cheaters say. At the same time, he was texting my friend about how he was "about to leave the wife" and was just "telling the wife what she wanted to hear to buy him some time to get his finances in order." The poor wife called my friend at work and was begging to hear the truth, and my friend threatened to call teh cops on her for harrassment. We had known each other since preschool, but at that moment, I knew I wanted her out of my life. What a piece of shit!
Quoting Dee0886:

I honestly don't understand how some women can keep that up. I felt like shit for it on top of feeling betrayed by him also. I feel like we were both kind of victims in this..though definitely more her than me. I was disgusted with the whole situation.

Quoting jamamama00:

krystawitt
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Last year a coworker and I found out we were both dating the same man...he was lying to both of us.  We sat, talked it out, and both dumped him that same day.

Yesterday, her and I exchanged 'anniversary' cards....one year since we dumped him and became great friends...:-)

EmmeBee
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM
My sister had something like this happen to her, except the text messages she got were angry ones, the girl threatening her and everything. My sister had no idea he had a girlfriend but looking back realized he'd been sketchy about a few things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)