Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd gave me a heart attack this morning.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I woke up at 3 and had to pee.

i stopped to check on dd, shes 13 months. and i couldnt find her. she wasnt in her crib.

i was freaking out. i started to run and get dh when i saw her hand.

she in a pile of stuffed animals, sleeping.

i picked her up.

checked her for bumps and bruises. and we stayed up. i let her go back to sleep at 6. i didnt see any injuries but i wanted to keep her up and watch her just to be safe.

im not even sure how she got out..

now im afraid of her doing it again. but shes too little for a toddler bed..i think...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DessaLinn
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That would be scary.
My youngest dd did that one time. She managed to climb out, and onto a cchanging table & fall asleep.
Glad all is okay!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM
At 13 months I don't think she is too little for a toddler bed. Once she learns how to crawl out, she will continue to do it.
marihla
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Really? WOW! Does anyone in your house sleep walk? 

I guess just make sure her door is closed and don't leave a pile of stuffed animals anywhere she can lay on them. If her bedroom is safe then it doesn't matter if she lets herself out of her crib.

decembercherish
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM

She did what most do.She climbed out. I watched my girl go head first over her rail, i could not get their fast enough. After that i got a toddler bed with a gate up to her room.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Can you lower the crib?
mymanben
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Mine was 14 months when we switched to a toddler bed for the reason he kept getting out. My thought was its a much shorter distance to from from a toddler than the top of the crib
Anouck
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I had a similar situation with my son (just turned 2) the other night, he had gotten out of bed and crawled UNDERNEATH it. He'd started crying, but when I went into his room (half asleep) I couldn't find him. It was weird...

Anyway, just for the record, I moved him to a regular bed shortly before his first birthday, and he was fine. I had one of those railings up for probably 6 months, but we don't even use that anymore now.

MommyO2-6631
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Baby proof her room entirely, put a baby monitor in there with a baby gate at the door and transition her to a toddler bed. A few women in my dd group had to around ten months. It will keep her from getting hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
The side or the mattress?

the mattress is at the lowest setting. the railing can be lowered.

Quoting owl0210:

Can you lower the crib?

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I walked in on my second dd standing on the wide side rail of her crib with her arms out at her sides like the titanic movie. Scared the snot out of me!! We moved her to a twin bed that day. She was 14-15 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)