Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you all so against being induced?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

I have noticed a lot of women on here railing against inductions. Going on and on and ON about letting the baby come when he or she is "ready" and talking about all of these complications and problems caused by being induced.

Well, all I know is... I have been induced with ALL 5 of my kids and I've NEVER had any issues from it. I've had fast, easy deliveries, no ripping or being cut, no emergency c-sections, and my babies have all been perfectly healthy.

As long as it's after 37 weeks, I see nothing wrong with elective inductions.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
From my understanding it makes the labor worse and it's not really good for u or the baby. There's a doumentary on Netflix called the business of being born. It's an interesting insight. I say do what ur comfortable with and forget the rest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

bump

unspecified42
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
6 moms liked this
Because if you look at the studies and educate yourself, there are clearly very real risks. Just because you were ok doesn't mean everyone is. There are also long term health complications for babies born prior to 39 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaanl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I've heard that it prolongs labor, but other than that I'm not exactly sure what the big deal is.  I was induced with my first & I had no issues with it & my son was fine.  I wouldn't think doctors would allow inductions if it were extrememly bad...but I'm not sure.

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My OB said they were bad and wouldn't do it unless I was 42 weeks or over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Did he/she say why they are bad?

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Difference of opinion. Some people don't mind inducing while others do. I want my baby to come when she's ready unless there's a medical problem.

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM

He just said the natural way is always best

Quoting Anonymous:

Did he/she say why they are bad?

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I don't see anything wrong with induction as long as your 40 weeks or above. Why does any one need to go sooner, if they don't have to? Unless there's a medical reason.....please tell me the point other than the mother is "uncomfortable"...... I've never read anywhere about pregnancy being comfy process
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe a baby should come when it's ready; unless its overdue and/or putting its(or it's mothers) life at risk by not being born yet.

There are also risks invovled; risks that many women do not realize; and risks that many obgyn's don't tell you; or downplay.

You were very blessed to have had problem-less inductions; MANY women end up being induced then have to have emergency c-sections.

All that being said; I have no problem with women getting induced. I just believe that women should do their research and not just do it because the doctor told them they should. I believe in making educated decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured