Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is with you at the hospital when you give birth? And who watches your other kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I am having my 5th baby on Tuesday and my mom and DH will be there with me while my cousin's wife (who also happens to be my best friend) watches our other 4 kids. That's how we've always done it. This time, my friend wasn't sure if she'd be able to watch the kids because she thought she might have to work. My mom could have stayed here with the kids if that was the case but I'd be upset if my mom couldn't be there too. Luckily, my friend got her schedule today and she is free on that day! 

So how do YOU do it?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pochaccotx
by Lost on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

dd (1st child) mom,sis,sil, and ex were in room

ds1 just df and i his mom stepped out of the room and dd was just getting out of school and my parents got her.

ds2 just df and i again.. dd was with my parents visiting her cousin who were in town from out of state and ds2 was with df's mom at our house

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

bump

starbuckmom03
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

All 3 births c/sections, so just dh and I.  My mom was in the waiting room each time and then met us in my recovery room.

When we had our twins, 2nd birth, sil watched our oldest till my good friend could get to our house to take over.

When we had our dd, my sil watched all the boys all day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
When my first was born it was me, myself and I. He came very unexpected at 3am. By the time I got to the hospital he was crowning, no time to call anyone.
With my second, my first was at his dads for scheduled visits anyway, and in the room was SO (now DH), his mom and his sister (who was also my coach), my sister and her boyfriend, although he left the room during actual delivery
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM

1st in the room for labor was my husband, mom, and in laws. Pushing just hubby and mom. We also had 30 or more people in the waiting room.

2nd was just hubby, mom had our oldest and missed birth by 2 mins (she was in the parking lot)

3rd we were home, my husband and kids where there, my fil showed up as I as pushing but stayed in the living room. Mom came a few days later bc we no longer lived in the same state:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I have c sections, so only dh is asked with me. With my first, both our families were in my recovery room while I was in or. With my second, my ds was with my parents. My sister was at the hospital with me until dh got there. He was in the or with me and my family came after he was born. He was in the nursery on oxygen, and ended up being transferred to the nicu at a different hospital. Dh and mil went with him. Ds1 stayed with my parents and I stayed alone. Poor Ds1 went to anybody who would take him while dh and I were in the nicu with Ds2.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
DH and my mom were there with DD.
With DS, DH and my grandmom were there.
DD was at one of our friends house.
Getting spoiled :/
Lol.
They only have boys so the mom had fun being girly with DD!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_dearest_
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

My mother in law, my friend and my dh were in the room.

No one watches my son,but me

illinoismommy83
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

When DD #2 was born, luckily my mom was in town. She watched my oldest until  the other grandma got there, then they traded off. I could have always given birth alone and DH could have stayed with the kid(s) if it came down to it. Afterall, the pregnant woman is the only one who HAS to be in the room :P

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
My husband will be with me and my kids go to the inlaws or my parents
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)