Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Short chubby ladies and cropped sweaters/ jackets?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
Yes or no? I'm ordering my fall maternity wardrobe now because I'm getting good deals on clearance items. Unfortunately I have to get everything online because my town and all surrounding towns have 0 maternity stores or maternity options within regular department stores. It's like they hate pregnant ladies around here, lol. So what do you think! I'm 5'3 and an hour glass shape BUT I'm overweight large boobies, wider shoulders and the dreaded back boob. I like to look as lump free as possible. ;)
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepperbepper
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

nope, not for this fatty.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I've never even tried on cropped anything. I was just debating ordering a cropped jean jacket or sweater.

Quoting stepperbepper:

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

ive tried them on, just not comfortable in em.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I've never even tried on cropped anything. I was just debating ordering a cropped jean jacket or sweater.

Quoting stepperbepper:

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

i wear them when im not preg, so i dont see why u cant being preggo.  im 5'2, have wide hips and a big chest....  not chubby tho, just ave.  :)

ccoyle4
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Can you post a picture of your body? It may give me a better idea of if it would look okay.
Katenemsmom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
It depends on the style. I actually look good in those when they are really tailored. As long as its not one flowing piece of material. I am 5 feet even. I think a jean jacket will look nice.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM

From what I've seen, they don't look very flattering to the figure on bigger ladies. They tend to make people look more wide then they actually are. 

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM
eh im a fatteh and I love them
nerdymom28
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I've never worn anything like that, I think it makes me look shorter. I'm not a fan of bermuda shorts either, they have the same effect.

Bellum
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Not when you are preggers.  I am 5'3 also, and liked things to hit at my hip.  I tended to wear patterned pants with a solid top, either body skimming, or a little flowy.  The Gap used to have a nice online maternity section, and Target's stuff is cute too.  Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)