Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm stealing my parents' dog!

My parents own two dogs, a golden retriever and a border collie. 

I am head over heels in love with their border collie. She is sweet, well trained, very smart, and completely fearless. Exactly the kind of dog I will need with the kind of life I plan to be living. 

She is always fed, sheltered, and given proper vet care, but is pretty much ignored otherwise. My mom is always complaining that she wants to get rid of her because she's so energetic.

I'm soooooo tempted to take her with me when I finally get out of here.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (11-12):
itsnotamovie
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Let your mom know that when you go, she will be the one stuck with the dog because your sister doesn't take care of it. I'm sure with a few weeks of seeing how little she cares for the dogs and having to do it herself, she will probably give it to you.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I have. She always says "Ask your sister" because she's the one who wanted the dog in the first place. My sis always pitches a fit and says no. Which is bullshit because she never gives either dogs the light of day.

Quoting itsnotamovie:

Ask her if you can take the dog.

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

My mom won't give the dog to me simply because she knows I want it. She's much more likely to take the dog to the pound.

Quoting itsnotamovie:

Let your mom know that when you go, she will be the one stuck with the dog because your sister doesn't take care of it. I'm sure with a few weeks of seeing how little she cares for the dogs and having to do it herself, she will probably give it to you.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I have. She always says "Ask your sister" because she's the one who wanted the dog in the first place. My sis always pitches a fit and says no. Which is bullshit because she never gives either dogs the light of day.

Quoting itsnotamovie:

Ask her if you can take the dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN