Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously Worried -- Cat people -- need help with feral cat ** pics on 2

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 22 Replies

okay my farel kittens were found at a few days old - we fed them loved them and they became tame happy babies 

it is now a little over a year later and the sweetest of the 2 has in the last 2 days become a demon cat ---- is she reverting???? 

what in the hell do i do for this kitten ---- she is my daughter's baby and for her to go from miss lovey to miss hissy and bite????  

why could this happen --- what can i do 

help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Take her in to the vet. Something is likely going on. It could be an infection, hormones, or who knows.

As far as I know, feral kittens who are hand raised from a few days would not revert. Your loving home is all they've known.

yryssa1
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Is she fixed? Is she the 'alpha' cat or does she get picked on? Many factors can go into why a cat can turn mean. I've had many cats and I've had it happen before (outside cats)
tardistraveller
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM

They don't really revert, I've never had that happen or heard of it happening.

She likely has something else going in.

Vet time.

-JC-
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Is she spayed? It might be hormones. 

Otherwise, she could sense another cat outside of your house and she's reacting to it. 

firespurity
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
How old are these kittens now?
PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM

take her to the vet.  A behaviour change like that is usually an indication that the cat is in pain.  

She's not a feral cat.  Her mother was a feral cat but it's not genetic, lol.  Is she spayed?  If not she may be going into heat which can make some cats mean (not permanently, just till their spayed or their needs are met)

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM

This will sound odd, but does she like to jump up on things?

Anouck
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Definitely vet time. I got a litter of three 4 week old feral kittens 19 years ago, and I just lost the first one a couple of weeks ago (broke my heart, too). Not one of them has EVER shown any sign of aggression, so I don't think they revert. Something else must be going on with her.

Good luck!

SterlingHeart
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM

she is getting fixed this month --- she went thru a heat back in Nov then has re-cycled being in heat but calmer every few weeks.....  my dog loves to chase her but they never go to blows 

she spends most of her time in my daughter's room -- her choice 

her sister kitty is more aloof and likes to be in my closet and is not a social as her but not mean in any way 

these two are now 14 months

Humanoid
by OMGmirxx on May. 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Vet time. There could something wrong with her you might not be able to see or even know about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)