Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you truly religious or is it just a habit?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
****this is meant for people have been the same reigion all their lives*****

By this I mean do you think you would still be religious if you had grown up in a neutral or atheist household?

I'm asking because most of our adult behaviors are set as Children by our parents and family. In my theory, religion is the same. Most of us are the religion we are because of habit and or family tradition, not because of personal salvation.

Anywho, answer the above question and let's see how it turns out.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
For me being a christain is habit and tradition. While I do love god, I don't align myself with the bible or many other christains. Had I not been brought up christain, atheism would more than likely been my ultimate choice.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
BUMP!
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
BUMP!
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
BUMP!
ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
BUMP!
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My parents let us explore other religions growing up once we hit high school age they would even drive us to other churches on sunday if we wanted to or simply let us stay home if we didnt feel like we wanted to go. I explored other religions and ultimitly ended up back at my parents church. It was the perfect fit for my thoughts and feelings about god and how I wanted to live my life. My brother is leaning towards agnostic and both my sisters are still exploring other options in there search for the church that fits them. 

ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
BUMP!
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Bump.
I am religious but not the one I was raised in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I was raised to believe in God but that you do not need to attend church to be close to him.  In high school I was lucky enough to learn about many different religions at which time I re-evaluated my own beliefs.  What I believe now is not exactly what my parents taught me. I believe that God is a woman, that there is no Hell and that everyone's relationship with God is a personal thing and no one else's business to judge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, to be quite honest with you and myself. I think that for a long time it was habitual, but as time progressed I felt that deep down there was really a God and I believed this with all my heart. Now, I sometimes stray but God is always in my heart. Being a human makes me question whether or not what I believe in is real or not but I've been through and have seen enough to know the difference now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)