Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want my dd's Grandparents to...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

ever watch our daughter alone. Both of our Mothers are older and we feel very uncomfortable with them watching our daughter alone. I already told my Mom that she will not be able to watch her alone. My husbands Mother keeps asking if she can babysit for the wedding we are attending. We kind of ignored it and I am worried she is going to ask again. I think my husband should be the one telling her no as I had to do it with my Mom!

My Mom has health issues and can hardly get out of a chair, so I don't see how she can pick up a 15lb baby. She is also hard of hearing and I would worry she would not hear her crying. My dh's Mom has not been around a baby in 39 years and it seems like she does not remember what it is like. I had to change her twice in a row and she was totally flabbergasted as I had just changed her, she is a baby, yes she is going to poop herself every now and then!! She does the same thing for feedings, shocked that she gets fed every 2 hours. She also holds her like she is a china cup and we are worried our daughter is going to fall out of her arms. We have mentioned this to her and even her husband has told her to hold her tighter. She says she is worried that she is going to hurt her.

We feel bad about this, but it is for the safety of our dd!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)