Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friends plus++

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

It's so strange how you just end up with someone

7 years ago I met a guy, instant attraction but we just kept it mild, didn't talk much, but we naturally connected

4 years ago we started heavily flirting, talking, etc

3 years ago we actually hooked up and started seeing each other for a while.

for the next 2 years following I sort of let him go, he was  in a man-whore stage and I pretty much knew he needed to get it out his system, I went to college, etc focused on myself and let him go.  He always tried to stay in contact but I didn't want a heartbreak so I let him be alone.

Now, starting a year ago we began talking, to around Christmas time we started dating, and we have been enjoying each other ever since. 

In a way it was friends with benefits for a while, but soon evolved into something I would say a relationship is

I am happy it had this slow progression, it allowed both of us to do a self-discovery and see if we really were meant for each other and it seems like we are. 

We are just "going with the flow now" and we will continue to, but

It's strange

I basically fell in love with my best friend.  I don't think I've ever been so happy with anyone. 

Did you end up with one of your friends?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy76
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I married my best friend 4 months after we started dating. We have been married for 11 yrs now. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. We were friends for almost 4 yrs before we started dating.

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM
That's kinda how it was/currently is with my more ex boyfriend.... We were fwb became friends, relationship... but we separated in December to focus on ourselves. Idk if i want to be with him. He's a great guy, love him to death. I'd be honored if my son turns out to be like him (not his son)... But idk if its him i truly want
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I had that phase with my so as well. Luckily it was a phase but the time apart made us really realize we were better people together

Quoting Shy_Dia:

That's kinda how it was/currently is with my more ex boyfriend.... We were fwb became friends, relationship... but we separated in December to focus on ourselves. Idk if i want to be with him. He's a great guy, love him to death. I'd be honored if my son turns out to be like him (not his son)... But idk if its him i truly want
RockyMtnMom14
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Yes.  I was just friends with my current DH for over 3 years before we got together.  We have been married now for over 10. 

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I married my best friend 8 months after I met him... Best choice I ever made

Jessicataylor02
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM
My dh and I have been together for almost a year and a half. Married since February. He's 40 and I'm 19. We lived in a super small town but we were best friends did everything together spent every spare second we had together. We just fell in love it just happened I know there's a huge age difference but if u fall in love with your best friend its so meant to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Its always a nice feeling because you are comfortable, in every way.

Quoting Jessicataylor02:

My dh and I have been together for almost a year and a half. Married since February. He's 40 and I'm 19. We lived in a super small town but we were best friends did everything together spent every spare second we had together. We just fell in love it just happened I know there's a huge age difference but if u fall in love with your best friend its so meant to be.

Jessicataylor02
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Exactly I've never been so comfortable in my entire life. He's a wonderful father to our little girl. I love how I can be myself around him

Quoting Anonymous:

Its always a nice feeling because you are comfortable, in every way.

Quoting Jessicataylor02:

TugBoatMama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Lol not exactly. We had almost all the same friends in high school, but I really didn't like him at all. His attitude repulsed me even though he was always good looking. Much later he told me he had always liked me and wanted to ask me out for years, but he knew I would shoot him down because I kind of was out of his league back then, lol. I was a goody goody teacher's pet and he was the bad boy that was always getting into trouble or getting into fights with people. He would say hello to me sometimes and I would just breeze by him like he was invisible. I feel bad about treating him like that even now, because I met him again a couple years after high school, and I didn't even recognize him at all because he had cut his hair, let it return to its natural color and was actually dressed nice and not like an emo bum.

spooky415
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Kind of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)