Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is why I don't go to that church anymore. :/

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
We used to go to this nice little church. The majority of the members were older, my xh and I were one of the few younger couples. Still, everyone was so nice, and I loved the pastor. He reminded me of Gomer Pyle, lol, but his sermons were awesome. He always seemed to say exactly what I needed to hear that particular day. After xh and I split up, two different older men started acting like they were interested in me. It made me very uncomfortable!! Neither was anywhere near my type. They were both way too old for me, and, t.b.h., very physically unattractive. Plus, I got a real creepy vibe from one, like he was really more interested in my little boy than he was in me. He even told me once that I should drop my kids off some time and he'd take them swimming in his apartment's pool.

The other one, his opening line was to tell me how pretty I look today, so I would go out of my way not to look good. I wouldn't fix my hair or put on makeup, or another time there was a church dinner, and I let a lady at work expiriment on my face with makeup, and did the eyes all crazy. I went to that church dinner looking like a FREAK just so he wouldn't tell me how pretty he thinks I look. He STILL told me I looked pretty.

I thought after I remarried, they'd lay off, so we started going back again. They still kept giving me more attention than I was comfortable with, especially when d.h. wasn't near by. So, we don't go to that church anymore, instead we go to the big, over commercialized Mega church, when we go at all. :(
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WillsMOM72
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Maybe you could look around for a different church? Not all church's are like that.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Hmm, sorry 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Man.....Me too.

xD

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM

The last time I was there they told me pants were not optional but MANDATORY and that liquor and illegal drugs were not permitted on the property.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)