Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new baby. Breast feeding question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

She's 2 weeks old and 5lbs 14oz and 20in. I only put the blanket on for the picture and I took it right back off. My FIL wanted to see a pic of her with it. The bumper is no longer on, I read some horrible things about having them.she loves this blanket, it soothes her and I don't know why.

She will only nurse from the right breast and when I switch her to the left she starts crying. Why? Her pediatrician says I need to start supplementing with formula because she's been losing weight and not gaining.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Right boob warm, left boob cold?

LOL.

I actually have no idea.

BUMP FOR YOU.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Lol thanks

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Right boob warm, left boob cold?

LOL.

I actually have no idea.

BUMP FOR YOU.

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Many babies prefer one breast over the other. Try a football hold. Place the baby laying on a pillow on the outside of your body facing towards the breast. This will give her the same feeling as the other side.
Kaytlin
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Are you holding her differently? I would try switching up positions and talking to a lactation consultant.
ssocalgirl6
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Also does she have 6-8 wet diapers in a day? Does she seem content after feeding? Decide for the next few day you just nurse.
GabbyP.
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
My little one prefers the right over the left. I figured out I had him positioned just slightly different than what he likes. Try different positions.
MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM

what is her weight history. you need to take the lowest weight before she left the hospital and forget her birth weight.

dont do formula yet. please

MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

you may have overactive letdown in the side she cries on.

try block feeding.

lalaboosh
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Call La Leche League!
xtwistedxlovex
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Just to be sure - have you tried starting with the left breast? How long has this been going on? If milk isn't being taken out, the supply on that side is going to dwindle. If she's not nursing on it, you should at least pump or hand express; it isn't as effective as nursing, but it's better than nothing. Have you seen an LC? They could help you determine the cause.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)