Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apperantly im 'ruining her life'.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
6 moms liked this
dd is 14.

she officially claims she hates me.

i took her ipod the other day while she was at school.

i was goin to get pictures of her and her friends off it to add to her high school scrapbook ive been making her.

i found great pictures of her and her friends.

however, to my shock and dismay i also found naked pictures of her.

apperantly she had been sending them to some boy at school.

when she got home i confronted her and demanded to know who they had been sent too.

i then made her sit with me as i called the boys parents to inform them. (there were photos she had recieved of him too)

i took her phone. kept her ipod. and shes allowed no access to the computer.

shes grounded for atleast 2 months. no going any where with friends etc. even after she is no longer grounded she will not be getting her electronics back until i feel i can trust her again, which will be quite a while.

when shes ungrounded she will have acess to the home phone. also when she is ungrounded she may visit with friends either at home with me or dh present or at a friends house or with a friend somewhere with a parent is present.

i also informed her friends parents.

why?

because i have a hunch that dd isnt the only girl sending pictures. after seeing the photos i read her messages which lead me to believe her friends are doing this too.

so according to her i have 'humilated' her and ruined her life..

sil told me that dh and i are bein to harsh on her. and that we shouldve been nicer.

excuse me?

that WAS me bein nice. she should consider hes self lucky that i wont be forcing her to live without any modern conviences for the entire summer.

if she cant use her devices correctly then shes not gettin them. shes lucky she has ANYTHING left in her room.

and damn lucky i didnt beat her ass.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
12 moms liked this

Way to go! Take off her door while you're at it.

loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow! I don't blame you at all. Sometimes, to be a good mom, you have to put up with that kind of anger from them. You're not her buddy, you're the Mom.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
7 moms liked this

Good job, Mama.  The ones who say you are too harsh also probably think every kid should get a trophy just for participating.

anotherhalf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

She'll thank you when she's older.  I'm glad you found them and could put an end to it - or at least you're giving it a shot.

Samantha_1629
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this
If being a good parent means 'ruining' her life, then I fully intend to 'ruin' my children's lives if they ever pull a stunt like that. Good job, mama!
13579nlm
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I started sending nudes in 7th grade. No one caught me. Now i'm a teen mom. so. good call.

TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
WTH is wrong with teens? I'm not even that old and not once while in school did I ever consider sending naked pics of myself to anyone!!!

OP, you did the right thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM
They will say that when mad but will appreciate it when they find out that boy was sending girls pics to everyone he knew in the school!
Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on May. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM
You go Mom!!!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
4 moms liked this
I pissed her off. she was in the bathroom 20 minutes. i knocked every 5 minutes. and asked what she was doing.

i told her, when you do shit like that, your right to privacy goes right out the damn window.

havent taken her door. but i did take the locking knob off. and if hdr door stays closed to long i just walk in.

yup. im an evil mother.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Way to go! Take off her door while you're at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)