Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

as soon as we pay off the car....you will never see us again.

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

my in laws legally own our van but we make the payments. it has maybe 2 more months and will be paid off. since the car is registered in north carolina we have to take it there once a year to get the registration renewed and get a new inspection done. my husband and i have both agreed that once the car is payed off, we will never go back to north carolina again.....mostly because of my father in law. he is a racist,sexist, homophobic pig and thinks just because my children are his grandkids that he can give them whatever he wants.my MIL is a very nice woman so i dont have any problem with her, but from now on if she wants to see the kids, she has to come to us.

do you hate either of your in laws?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

The way you worded this makes you come off as an ungrateful person. For whatever reason the car is in their name, which leads me to believe they did you a favor. He apparently loves the kids and gives them what they want (as many grandparents do) and you have no problems with your mother in law but you will make her suffer. Not nice.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I actually love my in-laws, especially my MIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Are they giving you the pink slip when you pay it off?

I do dislike my crazy MIL.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Mom in law no. Fake shot talking dramatic cat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I love my inlaws!!

KGreen75
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Yup, i hate all my inlaws.  :D

TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I like my inlaws just fine.  My fil never talks to, well anyone really.  My mil is nice, she's good to the kids.  I have no issues with them.

KGreen75
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Are you sure they will sign the car over to you once it's paid off?

momof2girls220
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

a 4 month old baby wants mountain dew? thats news to me. and he didn't do anything, my mother in law did-his name just happens to be on the title.my FIL could care less if he sees my kids, he doesn't see any of his other grandkids either, and they all live a hell of a lot closer.

im not making anyone suffer. my MIL has visited my kids twice since my oldest, who is 4 was born. we always go to them. why should we make the effort if they aren't going to. its not my job to make sure my MIL or SIL sees my kids.

Quoting JulyBabies:

The way you worded this makes you come off as an ungrateful person. For whatever reason the car is in their name, which leads me to believe they did you a favor. He apparently loves the kids and gives them what they want (as many grandparents do) and you have no problems with your mother in law but you will make her suffer. Not nice.

momof2girls220
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM

once it is paid off they are signing the title over to us (they have to get the title from the finance company first)so we can register it in my husbands name in CT.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Are they giving you the pink slip when you pay it off?

I do dislike my crazy MIL.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)