Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I go to self serve, DO NOT help me!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

I go to self serve at the grocery store a lot.  With only one kid still at home (and rarely home being a high school senior), i don't buy a lot.  I'm not interested in chit chat.  I want to bag my groceries MY way.  Yet, when I go during the day, it's pretty empty, so clerks come up to "help" me.

I don't NEED or want the help.  Really.  I get that they're being "nice" - but I honestly prefer to do it myself!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
First world problems. Take a pill and chill out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I agree! It's especially frustrating when they come over to "help" with produce and have to ask what it is and then how to spell it. I buy my produce regularly enough that I know what each bag contains and what the code is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM

No shit lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

First world problems. Take a pill and chill out.

NoahandEliza
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I hate self check out in general. If I swipe my rewards cards, use coupons, if it doesn't sense enough weight in my bag...someone always has to come over and fix it. If they ever worked right, I'd use them more.
metalmomma86
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Buy a cheap pair of earbuds, plug them into your phone and wear them as you are checking out. Pretend you are in your own world and don't acknowledge them..
Or
Just do what I do and tell them that I prefer to do it myself..hence why I am in SELF CHECKOUT
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow...god forbid people are nice to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)