Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think she is too young???---update for those who care :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

My DD is 10, she and this boy in her class are best friends. They hang out at school, play kick ball and basketball together. Yes I think they are probably crushing on each other, but they don't like text or talk on the phone or anything like that. Anyways, my DD plays softball and loves it. She is really into it, well the boy plays baseball and had his mom ask me if she can come watch him play tonight. I don't see the big deal, she loves to watch baseball/softball, we take her to her bff (a girl) to watch her games. But my husband thinks it inappropriate and she needs to be like 12 or 13. I will be going with her, not dropping her off. Maybe I am wrong, but to me going to a baseball game is not a date! Your thoughts??

I convinced my hubby she wouldn't come back married or pregnant by going to a baseball game..lol. So I took her. She had a really good time. He was happy to see her, his mom said it made his night. So all ended well :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

It would be inappropriate if you weren't going to be there but you will there so I don't think a big deal. I just wouldn't allow them to "hang out" alone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My DD is 10, she and this boy in her class are best friends. They hang out at school, play kick ball and basketball together. Yes I think they are probably crushing on each other, but they don't like text or talk on the phone or anything like that. Anyways, my DD plays softball and loves it. She is really into it, well the boy plays baseball and had his mom ask me if she can come watch him play tonight. I don't see the big deal, she loves to watch baseball/softball, we take her to her bff (a girl) to watch her games. But my husband thinks it inappropriate and she needs to be like 12 or 13. I will be going with her, not dropping her off. Maybe I am wrong, but to me going to a baseball game is not a date! Your thoughts??

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Hm, my husband would agree with your hubby, but I think it would be okay.

alisheamonet33
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM

it sounds fine to me your dh is just being protective of his baby girl!

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Youll be ther and he will be busy playing. I dont think its a big deal.

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM

doesn't sound that serious to me really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM

See thats what I am trying to explain to him. My daughter is very much into sports. Which is why she gets along better with boys sometimes. I know its hard for him, but we know the boy and his family well and yes I will be there. I think the boy just knows how much she is into it, EVERYONE knows haha. So he just wants her to see him play.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I agree with other moms, you will be there and he will be busy playing. They might be just friends. My bestfriend of kindergarden who i was with 24/7 was a boy and we never crushed, but my mom was still always there to check on us.
Jcothrine
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

definitely stay there with her..

i lost my virginity in the school gym during a football game....  they were playing on the

football field of course..but left the gym unlocked..

yeah...  keep an eye on her...

JC

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

sounds like fun and totally appropriate for her age!! 

Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I think that if your dd is safe, supervised and behaving appropriately for her age that attending a baseball game (she won't even be sitting with him he'll be playing) is an age apropriate activity. They aren't getting married or even seeing a movie. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)