Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i did it once, but i would do it again.... *ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this
To make him happy.

I recently found out I was pregnant. SO and I have known each other since high school. We have been together as a couple for 3 years. I was 18 when we had our son he was 20. And when I was pregnant it was all hell for me. And recently I found out it was also for him. He told me he felt trapped that he understood why teen dads left their baby mommas and kids. That he felt overwhelmed by all the responsibilities he had. At the time I just a stay at home mom because it would be easier to breast feed my son because we couldn't afford formula nor daycare. We struggled a lot our first year with bills and 3 months of both of us not working. To they point were we moved in with some friends. When we moved I realized I was pregnant so we decided to abort. I cried the week before and the week after. One: because I never thought I would have ever aborted a child. 2: because I thought that even if we were stuggling we would make it work.

Now I'm pregnant again, and I have decited to abort again. We were trying to be as careful as we can with my IUD and condoms. But we still ended up getting pregnant. And my reason this time is because we have finally gotten back up on our feet. We have a relationship now and we don't want to throw it away. He finally felt confortable with me and he said he doesn't have those negative feelings about me and our son. So if aborting will make our relationship stronger then, I am willing to sacrifice that child so we can continue to be happy. I will admit I will feel like shit at first, who wouldn't. Btw: he is getting a vasectomy so we don't have to do this ever again. I feel like shit but I know I have the emotional suport I need.

But I would do this because I love him and I don't want to distroy what we finaly achived to have, healthy family with no more financial issues and finally I have the love that I have always wanted from him!

Bash me if you'd like but I feel some sort of relieve getting this off my chest

* I hate how some of you ladies are making me question myself. I cannot raise another child. I am not using it a a form of birth control (I tried hard not to make the same mistake twice). I love him and I am doing it for the B0TH of us. When I said that I would do it all over again for him it was a form of expression of how big my love for this man is. I know we have our ups and downs but who doesn't.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

popcorn

Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM

margarita time

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My issue with this is that you are doing it to please him and not for yourself. Otherwise I am prochoice. Seriously, he should get a vasectomy.

EAzizM
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
17 moms liked this
You lost me when you said you don't want to throw away your relationship. No man is more important than my own flesh and blood. If a man thinks a baby will ruin us, he better leave.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

youre the one that has to live with it so if you can then more power to you.im prochoice but i have to say,after one abortion,my body would be the fort knox of birth control..

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM

How have you gotten pregnant twice while using condoms WITH an IUD?  And why does neither of you have a job? 

babyfever2011
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting EAzizM:

You lost me when you said you don't want to throw away your relationship. No man is more important than my own flesh and blood. If a man thinks a baby will ruin us, he better leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
OKAY
LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

This.

If he can't have a relationship with someone he gets pregnant then he should just permanantly fix it so there's no chance of it happening.

Quoting thenameshailie:

My issue with this is that you are doing it to please him and not for yourself. Otherwise I am prochoice. Seriously, he should get a vasectomy.

ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Wow
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)