Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are we being bad neighbors ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
We just purchased our first home a few months ago in a great neighborhood. It was a HUD deal and almost 3 times less then what the houses sell for around here. We completely renovated it. Thing is is that we hang outside A LOT! Pretty much all day long everyday. We came from the top floor of an apartment building and have never had a yard before. We now have a screened room and several garden boxes .
The thing is is that we NEVER see people outside! We have met most of our neighbors and some have kids and some don't . The neighbors seem very short with conversations and a little snobby. All middle aged and we are in our mid 20s. Well our neighbor two houses down just put their house up for sale. We were putting up a pool and he brought us several hundreds of dollars worth of pool supplies and told us how they were putting their house on the market the next day, I asked him why and he just shrugged and then said because they are starting a family (they have two kids) and want a bigger yard.. They are NEVER outside! . Um and they have 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Their upstairs is 2000 square feet alone. They spent thousands having their grass redone last year. Doesn't seem as if they wanted to move anytime soon in my opinion with doing all that to the grass and such. My husband and I couldn't figure out how they knew about the pool then we found out that one of their largest windows are facing our backyard and they can see us. The man was actually standing there watching us after he left from giving us the pool stuff. We never realized this before. I'm wondering if us being outside all the time is being a bad neighbor. We aren't like having yard parties or anything but we are a family of 4 and do have a two year old we have to tell no to a lot . I've just noticed that when we are outside the neighbors usually go back in the house if we are in the front yard (people across the street) .
Our toddler also runs around out back without pants on sometimes and only a diaper because he is in the "undressing himself" stage that my older son went through too. We also have a firepit and like to burn wood for the smell sometimes at night. I just don't want people moving because they think we are young and trashy. Idk
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

how loud are you guys being?  are u playing music?  do you think neighbors can hear you when they are in their house with windows open?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk mama.  I'd come hang out with you for a bit if you were my neighbor.

MrsRobinson06
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I wouldn't care what others think of me and I certainly wouldn't care if other people went outside or not...
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

This.

Sound carries and it can get annoying.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

how loud are you guys being?  are u playing music?  do you think neighbors can hear you when they are in their house with windows open?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I really don't think they can hear us but idk. Sometime we yell at each other from across the yard and sometime yell at the kids telling them to knock it off (climbing on the pool, picking my peaches and such). We NEVER play music.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

People who spend a ton of money on their lawns usually dont want people to be on their lawn and if they are trying to sell it, they want to have curb appeal so that all makes sense. I doubt anyone is moving because you hang out outside. Sometimes I will go inside if a neighbor comes out because they are noisy and I dont want to talk to them. I think you are wrong about why they are moving.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Maybe people are moving because the neighborhood is declining
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

ok that seems decent.  i dont think people would sell their home and move over just this....  keep on having fun!  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I really don't think they can hear us but idk. Sometime we yell at each other from across the yard and sometime yell at the kids telling them to knock it off (climbing on the pool, picking my peaches and such). We NEVER play music.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

Mommyzlovez
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM

AS long as yall arnt acting lik "Jersey shore" or "parentzillas" I dont think yall are being bad neighbors maybe you should just ask the ones that live near you whats goingon..in a casual way like "Hey since moving in we have noticed a certain dynamic around here.." you know and go from there. HOPEFULLY it is just they are all set in their ways and its not yall ,if it is yall then just be honest explaine that this is soo new to yall the weather is nice etc..and ask them to work with yall you never know hun GL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Do you live in montana?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)