Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel HORRIBLE * may have gross picture to some

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 32 Replies

I feel so  horrible right now. Tuesday i took my 6 year old son in for a walk in wart  removal. Everyone i know said its a mild sting its fast and easy. My son is VERY DRAMATIC, and sensitive ( he takes after me :p) He was screaming before they even got the spray to freeze the wart.. so while they are freezing it hes begging me to help him saying " mommy help me they are burning my hand off". I  felt bad for him being scared but i didnt really  realize what they had done.

I was told in 3 days  it would be gone and no pain. Yesterday  i took off the bandage and im mortified. They burnt the hell  out of him. It was a tiny tiny tiny  wart and now hes got a mass the size  of a silver dollar almost on his hand. I took him to the dr and they were all shocked. They pulled in an ER dr who informed me that this was not normal and that my son was burnt to the bone. Hes got a blood blister which is causing the swelling but they cant pop it because its so deep  and the risk of infection.

Ive been listening to my son cry for days now, and i hide how im feeling so he doesnt know how bad it is. I cried my eyes out tonight because im so stressed over this. He cant move his fingers, and if it pops ive got to take him to the er so they can check it out ( because the burns are so deep). I cant help blaming myself. I wish i had stopped it when i heard him scream.. or even  just left the damn wart on his hands. Sorry for rambling i just need to vent, I hate to see my baby in pain :(

This is his hand taken this morning.. its worse now. The doctors have told me what to do if it does and if it doesnt pop so now i just have to wait and hope he heals with no infection.Sorry for typos.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
5 moms liked this

HOLY SHIT!!! Hope that gets better soon ._.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on May. 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM

poor kiddo

Did they just over do it? or is it a bad reaction?

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:27 PM

omg!  Poor baby!

secondboy2012
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Next time he get a wart use thieves oil twice a day. It takes a couple of weeks, but will kill it and it's pain free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM
*screams* poor baby.
mlg1989
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

AHH! owowowowowowoowwwwwww!!! Poor kid! Good gravy! I know it had a warning but shit there is no way to mentally prepare for giant blood blistery wounds. Hope he feels better soon OP and gets some relief!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM

was he properly restrained? or was he wiggling while screaming?

Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Poor kiddo. I had a mole on mu upper lip removed and they numbed it with a needle, yes it HURTS. Hope his hand heals quickly and infection free.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
OMG what the hell happen momma?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Oh my goodnes! Momma hugs to you both!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)