Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession I can NEVER tell my dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

So last year in October I was walking home from a store.

For a little background, we had 2 dogs, 1 is my oldest son's, 1 is my middle son's.

We also had 4 kitties, 3 were mine, 1 was my oldest son's.

My youngest had BEEN BEGGING for a kitten. We kept saying no because well, he is young a kitten is a huge responsibility and we had enough animals.

Well, I was walking home. A lady in her yard had these cute newborn kittens, all black ones. She was begging people to take them, saying they would have to go to the animal shelter if someone didn't take them. I could not resist petting them and telling her there was no way we could do this, when her son came out. He was begging his momma not to send them to the pound. He was crying... I could tell he was autistic, my son is and he had a very similar mentality, and was stimming in between the begging. His mother was like we really cannot afford to keep them much long, and he was really crying. He picked one up that he said was his favorite kitty, and said they all had to find homes, (there were three left) but especially this one. She was fluffier than the rest, and had bright orange eyes, and was the only girl. As he cried and hugged her begging his momma not to send them especially her, I had to do it. So I said, I am going to tell my husband I found her and bring her home. I put her into my coat to keep her warm on the rest of the walk home. As soon as I walked in, I went to the kitchen where my husband was making dinner, and he looked at me and said, "WHAT DO YOU HAVE?" I knew he would be mad, he is allergic to cats and we have FOUR. And he was angry. I immediatly started to cry and said I was sorry I HAD to bring her home. Why he demanded? WHY WHY WHY? I lied.

I said some idiot tossed her out a car window in front of me and I ran in the road and grabbed her up. She was teeny tiny the size of my hand barely. He sighed, and my son came running down the stairs. "MY KITTEN FOR MY BIRTHDAY!" he shrieked and grabbed her gently but fast and ran upstairs. My husband slapped his forehead and agreed he couldn't leave her in the road either. And basically said the universe was tossing cats at me. LOL Might as well just deal with it.

Her name is Garfield she is roley poley and my son's "baby". I still feel bad, but I knew he wouldn't be able to understand. He gets autism, but he has more will power, and would have said I just should have said no. Which I get I probably should have, but here she is to stay.

That is my confession.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ang9403
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Lol ok its not that bad.
LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Hmmm... I don't agree with lying but that was a kind thing of you to do.

DH is the same way with cats, even though he's allergic he would bring them all home if he could >.>

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
You have cats even though he's allergic? How thoughtful and considerate of you.
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Lol
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I would not be keeping something in my house that someone was allergic to
DEJavu17
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Awwww!!

a little lie, to make TWO children happy.

I would tell him eventually, but I dont think you were totally wrong.

CrazyMomma710
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM

LOL. My dh always claimed to be allergic when I begged for a kitten. Then it turned out I was the one who was actually allergic. No thanks, and no kitty in this home. How does he function with 4 in your home??

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I would've done the same thing :)

I don't condone lying but sometimes things come up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I'm allergic to cats, but still love having them around. Lol. After about a month or so for each one my body seems to adjust to the dander.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Two of them HE picked out and brought home without my knowledge. He loves animals, and takes pills for his allergies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)