Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It NOT cute when kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Talk like they are younger than they are-to get attention.

It is one thing when a two year old says milky for milk or something else cute like that. It is a completley different thing when a six year old does it. NOT cute at all!

It is also not cute when big kids try to talk like little kids by making their voices different. (Does that make sense?) I dont like when big kids try to sound as though they are younger. Its one thing if they are playing house and one kid is the baby or something...but if they are doing it just to do it-annoying!!

My confession...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM

bump

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I get what you're saying but my DS has a certain tone when he talks to my DD and I think it's adorable. He doesn't baby talk or anything but it's just a slight change in his tone of voice that he only uses when talking to her. I think it's sweet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I ignore when they do that. So annoying!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes my 9 year old niece does that and it drives me insane!  She also has this fake "baby" laugh she does.  Irritates me.

bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on May. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I agree with you on this but IMO my young children are not taught to use baby talk. They are taught to use correct words to describe what they want as well as the correct word used for whatever it is we are teaching them; yes, even body parts.

JC2223
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Then it would really annoy you if you heard me, a 41yo woman, use baby voices when I'm loving my 9yo DD up. Especially first thing in the morning when I'm waking her up for school. Actually I purposly do it to annoy DD. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM

It gets me when 25 year olds do it.  I have a friend like that and I ignore her when she does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Ugh....I totally agree. A little one I babysit ALWAYS starts in on the baby talk when dad gets here and he thinks it is so cute! Not at 5!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
We had a brief phase when ds was 6 and dd was born where he suddenly started this "me wanna bankie" crap. I mean, I obviously know why he did it and I wasn't mean to him about it, but still, annoying as hell and it got stopped quickly. He didn't even talk like that when he actually was a baby.
JanineDeer
by Janine on May. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I HATE when people drag on baby stuff too long.  

It's bad here cause it's my hubby who is doing it....   Calling Chocolate milk "daddy's juice".

It was very very funny when the kid was THREE... she had never tasted choco milk and her dad does, all the time. He told her no you can't taste my juice- I gave you your own juice..

But one day she tasted the choco milk and then began to always ask for "Daddy's Juice".  Oh sure it was so funny at Three BUT THE KID IS SIX NOW.

MY husband will still say okay - you want Daddy juice???  And he thinks it's so cute and he also calls V8 Fusion juice, "Grandpa's juice".. So he asked the kids you want some Grandpa Juice????

I CAN'T STAND IT.    They are NOT babies and it's so stupid. ONce they asked for Daddy Juice at a RESTAURANT for god's sake. I did not think it funny, but dumb. Thanks grandpa. for nothing

Its a bit creepy too... I can't help it.  But grandpa is so weird.   I wish he would just quit it.  It's stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)