Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Trayvon Evidence

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies

The defense is attempting to have evidence submitted that will show Trayvon had violent tendancies. It includes texts about fighting, pot, guns and being kicked out of his mothers house due to trouble at school. Do you think it should be allowed as evidence?

"If they had suggested that Trayvon is nonviolent and that George is the aggressor, I think that makes evidence of the fighting he has been involved with in the past relevant," said Mark O'Mara.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/trayvon-martin-evidence-photos-texts_n_3327658.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
12 moms liked this

Of course they should be entered as evidence, goes to character and since we have no one other than Zimmerman who was there at the time of the shooting we have to have some grasp on the type of person Trayvon was. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
24 moms liked this
It's irrelevant.

It wouldn't prove by any means that Trayvon intended to go have an altercation with a middle aged balding man on that night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM
47 moms liked this
Soo should evidence be brought in to show a rape victims past sexual history. His past has nothing to do with the fact some random pyscho took it upon himself to play a cop and killed a innocent kid with a tea and candy in his hands.
SavdNSanctified
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Yep. This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course they should be entered as evidence, goes to character and since we have no one other than Zimmerman who was there at the time of the shooting we have to have some grasp on the type of person Trayvon was. 

momNstinks
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
6 moms liked this

Im just wondering how does anything he's done in the past shows that he deserved to be murdered? Or that what Zimmerman did was justified?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
5 moms liked this

If what is on the phone talks about guns or drugs, or anything like that it's important to displace the vision of a little kid attacked by a big bad monster. Maybe just maybe Zimmerman wasn't lying about the altercation. If a man is at risk of spending 25 years in prison it's his right to defend himself in court. 

Quoting momNstinks:

Im just wondering how does anything he's done in the past shows that he deserved to be murdered? Or that what Zimmerman did was justified?

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on May. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Generally, prior bad acts aren't admissible in court.

CafeMom Tickers
ajdahd13
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Yes it should be allowed because it goes with the evedince why George attacked him. They'll probably allow testimony from the kids family saying what a great kid he was. 

NoahandEliza
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this
That doesn't have anything to do with what he was doing on the night he was murdered. Even a person with violent tendancies can be innocently walking home from the store with no desire to start trouble.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

No it shouldn't be allowed, I think.

And I am all for defending yourself even if that means killing someone.

I have inappropriate text too that say "Ohh I would kill her, or murder her/him etc".  If that could be held against me that would be unfair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)