Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL posted..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
1 mom liked this
A picture of her kissing DS on Facebook with this poem attached...

"The First Grandchild You will always be the ONE, who took my heart by surprise. Loving so completely, you are perfection in my eyes. Dreams of you and me, would fill me with delight. But nothing could compare, to the first time I held you tight. Overwhelming love, greater than I knew. Wrapped in pride and joy, and all the riches of you. You will be shamelessly spoiled, with my affections and time. Photographs and phone calls, lullabies and nursery rhymes. You will make me smile, and boast of all you do. I will play again, and feel the joy in life with you. You will always be the FIRST, a true blessing from above. You will always be the grandbaby, who filled HEARTS and souls with love."

Am I the only one disturbed by this? I find that its overstepping some major boundaries. Talk about being too attached. *Vomit*

**edit** I am not just saying this because I am "territorial" or whatever some of your comments have been. MIL crosses lines and this just pushed me over the edge. Would you like if MIL addressed herself as "mama" to your child? Or said if she could breastfeed your baby so she could take him from you she would? Or showing up announced almkst every day to your home? She pushes things too far. I absolutely love her as a person. I just think she needs to give DH, DS and I a little space.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Post pic.. Kinda vomit

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Well I wouldn't do that but I don't find it creepy or overstepping anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM

The poem itself isn't icky. I guess I would have to see the pic to know if it was icky. 

crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
9 moms liked this
Wtf it's a poem about a grandchild.....she's a grandmother....ppl here are overly sensitive
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM

i see nothing wrong with it...  

lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
It's a little much, but the only part I find truly creepy is the dreams filling her with delight part.
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
i think the poem is sweet, but the mouth kissing would irritate me, because that just irritates me anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
What's bad about that?
ajdahd13
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM

No. You're the disturbed one. 

Tiff_R_92
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its just poem she found online that she thought was sweet. However I think you are uptight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)