Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just let me open my big mouth!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

My MIL watches DD and DS during the week. While dropping them off I’ve seen this little boy (not older then 2 or 3) standing out by the street. Once DH had to stop the car because this little boy was in the middle of the street flagging down an ice cream truck, no parent in sight. The women driving the ice cream truck got out and pulled him to the side walk. DH drove off so I didn’t see the out come. This morning it happened again which would make this the 3rd time I’ve seen this kid out by the street. Every time it has happened I’ve told DH to stop the car so that I can look for whoever is responsible for this kid and tell them to stop being a fuck-tard and watch this kid. All DH does is keep driving and tells me to behave (SMH). I want to call the police the next time I see him out there. I should have done it today. If this kid where to be hit by a car I would be sick with regret, as I should be. Do you think I’m going over board by calling the police?? What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Next time video tape it while you after you call so you can have proof of how long he was out there alone.

BlessedChaos
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I would've called the police the first time I saw a 2 or 3yyear old unaccompanied by the street.
milkmama36
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Get out of car next time and talk to the child. If a concerned parent or caregiver doesn't come charging out to rescue little one from you, a stranger, call police and sit with kid till they get there!

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM
No. I don't think you're going overboard at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I’ve tried getting out of the car… but DH won’t allow me to. I pregnant and he doesn’t want me to start anything where someone might get violent. I told him if the moron is willing to hit a pregnant women who is only concerned for their child’s well being then they don’t deserve to have that child. I’d rather have a sore face then a hurt child.

Quoting milkmama36:

Get out of car next time and talk to the child. If a concerned parent or caregiver doesn't come charging out to rescue little one from you, a stranger, call police and sit with kid till they get there!

amberleh
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I would too! And I'd stop and get out of the car and wait for the police to show up to make sure the kid didn't go into the street.

onethentwins
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Call the police. It takes a village. 

milkmama36
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
3 moms liked this

His fear for your safety is a healthy thing, so he should get out and "protect" you.

Quoting AnonHymous:

I’ve tried getting out of the car… but DH won’t allow me to. I pregnant and he doesn’t want me to start anything where someone might get violent. I told him if the moron is willing to hit a pregnant women who is only concerned for their child’s well being then they don’t deserve to have that child. I’d rather have a sore face then a hurt child.

Quoting milkmama36:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I know I should have done it already.

Quoting BlessedChaos:

I would've called the police the first time I saw a 2 or 3yyear old unaccompanied by the street.

dalbax2
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Agreed.

Quoting BlessedChaos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)