Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morbid Or Intresting?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 135 Replies
4 moms liked this

I enjoy exploring old cemeteries. I love walking around and finding the oldest head stone then finding the most recent. Some cemeteries Ive been to Ive seen head stones as early as mid 1800 and its sad to see some of the grave sites destroyed. Its sad but interesting to see children's graves of the families (the really interesting ones are the ones in the late 1800s early 1900s). Is this morbid to you? On Monday I plan on going onto Fort Hood and exploring the old cemeteries on the live fire range roads that are open just for that day.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

BUMP!

alleycat_2
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I would love to do that but my dh doesnt like cemeteries. I've heard of people going from cemetery to cemetery looking for famous people buried there. That has always interested me as well.
NikLvsNick
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I love cemeteries. One of my favorite trips was up to Cory, PA every Memorial Weekend to visit my grandma's family plot there. Her grandparents, mom, dad, and about a dozen brothers and sisters are buried there. Only one doesn't have a headstone and that was a baby that I believe was stillborn. None really remembers what happened. But I loved wandering around that small cemetery looking at all the headstones.

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

BUMP!

Derpy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Interesting :)

UxorQuodMatris.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I like doing that too. I live in New England, so there are many old ones to check out.
white_wolf454
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

i like them 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I love them so quiet

FarmWife
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

You are not alone. I love old cemetaries. There's actually one on my in-laws' property. I love to read the names and figure out how old the people were. It's so interesting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I like doing that too. 

The saddest I've seen is markers for 6 stones all babies from Dec. 94 and all died with in 6 months of their birth. They all say Smith no other name. 

Quoting SilverOcean84:

I enjoy exploring old cemeteries. I love walking around and finding the oldest head stone then finding the most recent. Some cemeteries Ive been to Ive seen head stones as early as mid 1800 and its sad to see some of the grave sites destroyed. Its sad but interesting to see children's graves of the families (the really interesting ones are the ones in the late 1800s early 1900s). Is this morbid to you? On Monday I plan on going onto Fort Hood and exploring the old cemeteries on the live fire range roads that are open just for that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)