Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Boy Scouts issues has me wondering... Define "openly gay".

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Would a feminine boy have been kicked out of boy scouts?? No. The only difference I can see between being any other person and being "openly gay" is if you are outright telling people what your sexual preference is and frankly, that is not appropriate if you are gay or straight. Why do homosexuals need defined that you can be "openly gay" within organizations. Is it not just asking to not get in trouble for discussing things that should not be discussed by anyone?

Someone help me understand this. What is the point of having it spelled out? And what is the point of being openly gay? No one cares who you screw. It is not appropriate to discuss gay or straight.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Straight people unintentionally discuss their sexuality all the time. Being openly gay would be as simple as mentioning which male celebrity he finds cute when all the other boys are discussing which female one they find cute.

FoxFire363
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If I'm asked if I'm free tomorrow to do something and say "I'll have to check with my wife to see if she's made any plans," I've become openly gay to that person. That isn't bragging about "who I'm screwing" it's casually mentioning my partner in a normal conversation. Don't you ever mention your husband or boyfriend in conversations? If you do, then you are "openly straight." Is this really that hard a concept to grasp? That maybe gay people don't want to have to pretend their significant others don't exist just to keep people from being a but uncomfortable?
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on May. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM
This. Anytime I mention my husband in conversation I have discuessed my sexuallity.

Quoting FoxFire363:

If I'm asked if I'm free tomorrow to do something and say "I'll have to check with my wife to see if she's made any plans," I've become openly gay to that person. That isn't bragging about "who I'm screwing" it's casually mentioning my partner in a normal conversation. Don't you ever mention your husband or boyfriend in conversations? If you do, then you are "openly straight." Is this really that hard a concept to grasp? That maybe gay people don't want to have to pretend their significant others don't exist just to keep people from being a but uncomfortable?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)