Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll have your kids, but I don't want to marry you..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Am I wrong? My oldest dd will be three in October. We're due with our second dd in july. (We've been off and on since january 2010 when we met). My boyfriend wants to get married. Hes talked about it a little before, but since getting pregnant again he's really been pushing it.

I just don't want to get married. I know I love him, and I want to be with him, only him. But why do we need to be married? I think a lot of my feelings stem from fear. Around me, family and friends, marriage isn't a long term thing. My own mother us married to her 3rd husband. While my dad was married to my mom but never again (its been 22 years since their divorce).

So am i wrong to plan to have more kids with him, but not plan to get married..?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Theres nothing wrong with that. My SO and I have a 4 1/2 yr old and one one the way. We have both been married before amd neither marriage was pleasant. We r happy with they way things are:)
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on May. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
My grandparents were together for 40+ years and never married. They did fine
Jasmlpr
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
It's a personal choice. Legally, it's nice to have that claim over one another. Anything, God forbid, happens without notice - you would have all that was his and vice versa.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM
If you're secure in your relationship then marriage won't weaken it. I couldn't imagine fearing that with the man I love.
xtwistedxlovex
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Marriage has legal benefits. Think it over. Will you be any less devastated if it doesn't work out if you don't marry him?
EAzizM
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I never understood how a man can be good enough to have kids with but not to marry...It is your decision though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

LORI? Is that you...

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on May. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Its a normal thing these days. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quoting lilmoosesmom:

Its a normal thing these days. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Personally I wouldn't have kids with someone if I wasn't married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)